New Logo being played with.

Started by mizmo67, August 03, 2017, 04:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizmo67

You can see a sample of one of the new logos we are playing around with via my signature.

I'm working on a possible black hat for it...

Still not sure if it's going to be the final working logo when we change it over....or we might use it then change it later if we come up with something nicer :)

I'm kind of keen to get hats with it :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

mo65

I like it. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

oc1

Let us know when the hats are ready.
-steve

Decker

Some (hopefully) constructive criticism... it is clear and simple to read 8) But, nothing about it says "fishing" ::)  The word "Penn" does not necessarily connect to Penn Reels automatically.   I assume you are restricted about incorporating any Penn graphic into yours.   If you were to use a color scheme like Penn's (white letters on red background), there would be more of a visual connection.  A fish or tackle graphic, in place of the gear and wrench, would also be much clearer, IMHO. ;)

steelfish

The Baja Guy

bluefish69

I like a lite colored hat in the warm weather & darker color in Fall & Winter.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

George6308

I agree with Decker. It does not connect with Penn or any thing fishing. It could be be misconstrued as Penn Diesel Parts.

mizmo67

Quote from: Decker on August 03, 2017, 08:28:03 PM
Some (hopefully) constructive criticism... it is clear and simple to read 8) But, nothing about it says "fishing" ::)  The word "Penn" does not necessarily connect to Penn Reels automatically.   I assume you are restricted about incorporating any Penn graphic into yours.   If you were to use a color scheme like Penn's (white letters on red background), there would be more of a visual connection.  A fish or tackle graphic, in place of the gear and wrench, would also be much clearer, IMHO. ;)

This is going to be on the website and the cards at some point;, keeping it very very simple.

Might add extra text for the website header about specializing in Penn fishing reel parts. (If I use the Penn logo at all, it will be very small...I don't want folks thinking that we are Penn)

Cards already have the other info about Penn fishing reel parts on them, so no confusion there.

Any ads we were to run would also have the extra info in them.

On clothing its presumed bought by folks that already know the website :)
~Mo

Marcq

I like the logo  8)

Marc..

Alto Mare

I like it as well, but might look better with a small reel, or even a plate or spool.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

Had a Marketing professor tell me years ago that your logo, name etc should say what you do...  I think Sal is right, you already have the name just add a fishing reel logo and your golden...

That was marketing 25 years ago... maybe things have changed...

Andy
><)))">

Benni3

I got a degree in commercial art  :D and I got to go with Sal ,,,,, a hand drawn international or your shark,,, ;D

Tiddlerbasher

I think a simplified drawing of a senator instead of the gear and wrench would work better Mo.
Chris.

mizmo67

Great feedback guys!

Having the reel in there is a good point...We'll tinker with it.

~Mo

reelrepair123

i think sal is on the right trac with  a picture of a reel, it would catch your eye quicker.  thank you for the fast service on sending out reel parts, fantastic.   harryk