DAIWA SL -X30 SHA ANTI REVERSE

Started by Cor, August 05, 2017, 07:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cor

Went after some little fishies today, from shore.    Put my sinker and hook on the line, next to the ocean, picked up the rod and realised my anti reverse on the reel was not working.
Used it last about 2 weeks ago, rinsed off and hung it up in my garage without even removing reel from rod.
Could not understand how this is possible, but decided that it was either:-
•   a broken AR spring, or
•   AR pawl was hanging on excess sticky grease

Luckily I had a spare reel so still managed to catch one fish.

It was neither.    Somehow the AR spring had slipped from its retainer post and was on the wrong side, if you look at the photo resulting in insufficient power in the spring.

I doubt very much that I assembled it incorrectly during my previous service as the reel worked perfectly for a number of trips.   So how can it get like that?
Cornelis

handi2

It could have jumped off during assembly. Once the side plate is on it cant go anywhere. There is a hole in the side plate that the dog post fits in. Maybe..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Cor

Quote from: handi2 on August 05, 2017, 08:25:30 PM
It could have jumped off during assembly. Once the side plate is on it cant go anywhere. There is a hole in the side plate that the dog post fits in. Maybe..!!
Can only be something like that, but then still how come it worked for a number of trips......one of the mysteries of life. ;D
Cornelis