Compressed Air

Started by steelhead_killer, August 06, 2017, 11:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Good afternoon!  I have to say that I am growing disgusted with the price I have to pay for a can of compressed air.  Or maybe its just that they don't last very long.  Either way there has to be a more economical and efficient method.  I am interested in what everyone is using???

Thanks!

Andy
><)))">

steelhead_killer

Anyone try a small air brush compressor? 
><)))">

Alto Mare

Not sure about the small air brush compressor, I use a 2 gallon pancake compressor only because I already had an extra one.
If you need it to be quiet, I would check this one out:
https://www.amazon.com/California-Air-Tools-CAT-1P1060S-Compressor/dp/B01LYHYHEA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502061287&sr=8-3&keywords=quiet+1+gal+air+compressor#customerReviews

Don't get the really loud ones, I made my wife and family jump a few times. Eventually they'll get used to it ;D

You could get some as cheap as $40, but I don't recommend it.

I gave up on air cans 3-4 years ago, my best move.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

i have a small air compressor also.  they have lots of uses. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelhead_killer

Thanks guys!  Sal I will try the one you highlighted.  Appreciate the fast feedback!  Alan happy to hear from you!  You are an inspiration to any of us faced with life's struggles.  Thanks for keeping us all updated on your progress.  You are a strong man!

Andy
><)))">

Shark Hunter

I use a lot of air tools anyway, So the compressor is a staple in my garage.
I use a Industrial type because I'm running Impact Guns, air ratchets and cutting wheels for car repair and maintenance.
It is very loud, but I'm in the garage.
My world. ;) ;)
So glad to see you on the mend boss.
You are a trooper and a mentor to all of us,
Daron
Life is Good!

bhale1

Andy,
I would go with a small "pancake" style compressor. The airbrush ones are very quiet, but produce low volumes of air with no storage....unless you get a separate tank...
Pancake compressors on the other hand produce a much higher amount of air, at higher PSI, and are still relatively quite compared to a full size compressor. I use mine for all types of stuff around the house.....but mostly for pre-hung door install and trim work on side jobs. Small, easy to carry, and plenty of air for non-continuous work. I'm assuming you were referring to use it for parts cleaning....just my .02 cents
Brett

jnd1959

There are internet videos on how to recharge any can that uses compressed air. You would still need an air compressor though you may be able to site it farther away from your living space.

smnaguwa

I have a small compressor and bought a refillable spray can that I use for small jobs away from the garage.

Marcq

I have two, two gallon ones, one permanently set and one portable, I use them  a lot, blower, little painter, powder coating, finish nail gun, must have

Marc..

oc1

We have a small pancake compressor but I never use it for reels.  What I use a lot is a Makita hot air gun with temperature adjustment.  It is strong enough to blow most of the water off and evaporate the rest.  It won't blast the gunk out of a crack though.
-steve

STRIPER LOU

Hey Andy, I had a good Dewalt pancake that quit. I picked up a Harbor freight cheapy for $38.00. Its a bit noisy but works fine. I pretty much use it every day in the shop.

Regard's,  ..  Lou

josa1

I bought a 3 H.P. air compressor with a nice sized tank from Autozone several years ago, on sale, for $88.00.  Best tool I ever bought.  It is a little noisy but I rarely run it.  Never at night.

By the way all of the extras, such as hoses, tool kits etc., cost an extra $60.00.  Still good value, I used to go through a couple of compressed air cans a week.

josa1

Lunker Larry

I have a small compressor and wouldn't be without it now. Used to use the cans of "air" but didn't trust breathing the propellant. If you read the label they're not just air. Used to get mine at the dollar store.
Put a narrow tube on the end of the air gun and, other than it scares the crap out of me every now and then when the pump kicks in, I wouldn't be without it. Frequently see them at half price. Paid $60 for  $130 compressor with all the accoutrements.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

steelhead_killer

Thanks everyone!  Air compressor on order with accessory kit.  For the price I figure the ROI is 6 months of cans.  Oh well, live and learn.

Andy
><)))">