4600C5 problem

Started by cornsnaggler, May 31, 2011, 12:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornsnaggler

I have an Ambassadeur 4600C5 MAG-X reel and the line guide is'nt working properly.....It stays to the right side when reeling, but, moves across properly if just slight pressure is applied to it.....I'm new to trying my own reel repair, so, I'm hoping I might get some advice here......My quess is the worm gear, pawl, bearing or line quide?....HELPPPPP!.....Seems a few years ago I had a similiar problem with a 5600 that was repaired for minimal cost a a nearby reel repair shop, that, sadly, has since moved away....Thanks for any help.

alantani

most likely the pawl is not tracking on the worm properly.  if it's tracking properly with pressure, there is a possibility that a shim washer underneath the pawl could put enough upwards pressure on the pawl so that it stays on track with the worm.  send me your address in a pm and i will send you some teflon "dots" that you can use to shim the pawl.  they will come in 5, 10, 15 and 20 thousanths of an inch.  most likely the 10 thousanths teflon shim will do the trick.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

if you go into tutorials have a look at penn 7000 ambassduer by bigt.it gives excellent step by step guidence for worm gear.most penn reels are similar.

cornsnaggler

Thanks for the advice.....John