Slosh Frames

Started by SoCalAngler, July 19, 2013, 05:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhale1

Thanks for the replies. I'm happy to be a new member. still need to give a shout out in the new members forum. just recently started to be able to spend a little more time in saltwater fishing! until recently it was only a few 1/2 day trips out of S.D. each year on the annual family trips. Trying to get some better set-ups now, as I can find more time for fishing. Its just a little difficult trying to figure out what works from over here in Tucson, AZ....not many tackle stores here...   :)

ez2cdave

Quote from: bhale1 on December 30, 2016, 03:26:10 AMIts just a little difficult trying to figure out what works from over here in Tucson, AZ....not many tackle stores here...   :)

Simple solution . . . Move to Southeast Florida !

I lived there for over 40 years, before moving to NC in 2006 . . . Leaving FL was the worst mistake I ever made.

Tight Lines !

Chris anderson

I recently ordered a frame from my sl20sh from socal-fishing-hunting.  Very pleased with the quality and packaging.  The build went quick and i cant wait to fish it soon.  Like manana soon. :)

spize

Just built #5 (2 have gone to friends, one to my son, one to me). Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

handi2

He told me he will not be making anyone frames. Not cost effective.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

spize

yep. I got three at the end and had one already. I have one more to build once I find another $50 slsh. ;D

bhale1

That's a shame! They were very nice frames, and a great way to turn a good "cheap $" reel into a great little reel :-X
Brett

ahistick

Too bad that there will be no more new frames.  I was thinking of getting the ones with a clicker or at least upgrade the first gen frames I got from him with an upgraded sideplate.

The page for the Daiwa handles is still up, but no info about availability :(

spize909

Quote from: El Pescador on July 19, 2013, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on July 19, 2013, 02:39:59 PM
Yes. I have a few frames for sale.  I haven't had the chance to put up a posting yet.  They look awesome.  El Pascador (WAYNE) has a 20 I believe.

Exactamumdo Buckaroo!!!!

A beautiful sleek solid aluminum CNC frame, very nice craftsmanship, spooled with 50 lbs. braid, and Alan's 4/0 handle.

Did not get a chance to use in in Los Cabos on my trip with Dom, will use it in Jan. 2014 to pick Pargo out of the rocks.  Can't wait to get it wet!

What is that handle off of? I'm not interested in a big handle just the crank. Reel looks great btw.......I now have 4 :) One for me, one for each kid and an extra.

jzman

His handle is stock because his reels are sealine x Sha due to the metal spool.  Sloshs have plastic spools.  You can buy the slx handle,retaining nut, and screw as about $26-27 (bought it in 2015) total excluding shipping directly from Daiwa to replace the stock slosh handle .  The retaining nut and screw is required and is an upgrade from the nut&cap of the slosh.  Also you will need a special wrench for nut.

tomsatx

Too bad these are not available anymore. I have a 30 sha for surf and jetty fishing. Paid $26 with no handle a few years ago and has been a great addition. Was thinking a 2nd one with a frame kit would be great for offshore here in Texas as a snapper / mackrel reel and still be a good surf reel too.

kevin cozens

Quote from: BMITCH on July 19, 2013, 07:49:38 PMEl Pescador, beautiful reel. Almost makes me wanna be a Daiwa guy. Almost ::) ::)
Join my Daiwa group on Facebook. You will be converted

El Pescador

Quote from: kevin cozens on December 13, 2023, 01:23:21 PM
Quote from: BMITCH on July 19, 2013, 07:49:38 PMEl Pescador, beautiful reel. Almost makes me wanna be a Daiwa guy. Almost ::) ::)

Kevin, I WILL,

Please post your FB site, and I'll check it out.  I don't do FB, my wife does, I'll lurk on her good name and view your Daiwa reel site.

Thanks.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

steelfish

Quote from: kevin cozens on December 13, 2023, 01:23:21 PM

post your daiwa group amigo.

Im not to one brand and have reels from all brands, I just let go one of my favorites the saltist 20H (1st gen), still have a Daiwa Sealine-X 40HV, saltist 4500H spinning and few daiwa small baitcasters, I remember I always wanted to buy a Daiwa Pluton reel but the price and the small line capacity stopped me from get it.

The Baja Guy