sealine 900h/910h

Started by alantani, February 07, 2009, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carpslinger and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JNP

Quote from: alantani on November 08, 2012, 07:52:55 AM
please let me know if you have trouble with daiwa.  i know things are tough in greece right now.  hopefully things will turn around.  we want to visit in 4 years.
Hi,

I will get this part sent out to you as a courtesy no charge.

Regards,
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
| Toby Baar
| Customer Service
| (800) 736-4653
This is the answer from Daiwa,Alan.I think its clear.
You are welcome to Greece.When you decide to come, ask me for places to visit.
Things are tough in greece right now for the locals, not the tourists.

alantani

this is the way it should be!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JNP

Quote from: alantani on November 09, 2012, 07:34:34 PM
this is the way it should be!

Today I received the click claw from Daiwa Corp.
I already opened the 900H put the new drag kit and yes its much better now.
The drag is soft from the begining of the pull. I cannot measure the max lbs
of the reel but now it is really a 50W reel.Thank you Alan.

edgarz

Good day Alan, are the drag upgrade kit and kolekar handle available? I would like to improve my 900H.

Thanks,
Edgar

alantani

i still have the drag washers, but i am out of 6/0 grips.  send an e-mail and i will send the drag washer set out first. 

racoonbeast

Hi Alan. I am a great fan and have learned much from your tutorials. I got one of your upgrade drag kits to improve the drag on my 900H. I painstakingly followed your very comprehensive instructions and replaced the old ones gleefully waiting to see thirty pounds of drag on my drag scale. It didn't happen. I got 22 lbs. with the thing locked down so tight it would have taken a hammer to lock it tighter. After studying every picture and word in your tutorial, it became clear to me that it could only be one thing. The tension washers. I had put them back in duplicating the manner in which it looked like you did, but mine had nowhere near the distance between them mating high side on the bottom to high side on the top. So, being adventuresome, I took the bottom thicker one, placed it in the vise, gave it small whack, and then my stack looked more like yours. I can lock them up manually now and if pushed just a bit beyond comfortably finger tight, I get 36 lbs. of drag. Thirty lies in the comfort zone. So, at least in my case, the secret to success was noticing what you had been showing right along. There should be a noticeable "hump" between the big bottom one, the straight middle one, and the thinner top one. It was a "new old stock" reel and had never been used, so I have no idea what it was before. I wish that I had measured just for giggles what the maximum space that their configuration out of the box allowed. It couldn't have been much. But with your upgrade kit and a little head scratching on my part, I would just like to add that if you don't get the thirty pounds of drag that you had hoped for upon getting Alan's kit, the tension washers and exactly how they are placed when put back in make all the difference in the world. At least it did in my case. If I had it to do over again, that is the first place that I would check. Unknown to me, my reel had come from the factory not generating much tension due to barely bent tension washers. There are very few problems in the world that a good sized hammer, or ten pounds of dynamite can't cure  ;D

alantani

hey, i'm just glad you worked it out!!!!

edgarz

Hello Alan, is the 6/0 kolekar handle available now?

alantani

i have a replacement for the 6/0.  i call it a 5/0.  it is almost the same size, with all the straight edges gone. 

Bryan Young

If you still want the 6/0 handles, I have 6 of them that I bought from Alan for my reels (and I haven't installed them yet).  I can always pick up replacement handles from Alan in the future.  I'm not very particular...except I want the same handles on all reels.   ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

edgarz

Hi Alan, I would like to take 1 smooth 5/0 kolekar, 1 set of 900h drag washer kit, a tub of cal's drag grease, and if possible to ship to the Philippines a can of TSI.

Thanks for the offer Bryan but I'll be happy with the 5/0.

alantani

i am trying to catch up now.  just finished a couple of awful reels that had to get done. now working on parts orders. 

edgarz

edgarz

edgarz

Hi Alan, I got the package in good condition. Many thanks for the quick  shipping.

Edgarz