500 c

Started by sharkman, August 14, 2017, 06:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

I'm on a mission impossible to repair my little reel after jack stripped the main gear. Looking for main gear to get back running. Would like to also find drag knob and handle. Thanks for any leads

SilverRidge

Have you tried Mikes Reel repair service, I've gotten parts for a 500c and 700c from them .. The 500c is a sweet ultralight reel, one of my favorite panfish reels .. Hope you can find spare parts for this tiny reel they are getting pretty hard to come by lately ....

sharkman

Haven't tried Mikes, went straight to ebay.  I will contact Mikes. Thanks for the lead.

philaroman

the suped-up gold version(s) -- Mini-Mite/GS-0 (anodized, more bearings, better handle) -- can be more abundant & cheaper, because people get fixated on the 500c

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Fishing/1492/i.html?LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_nkw=daiwa+%28mini-mite%2Cmini+mite%2Cgs-0%2Cgs-00%2Cgs0%2Cgs00%2C500c%29&_sop=15

I believe all the parts are compatible

sharkman

sharkman

Well guys have exhausted all the resources I know and the ones mentioned, still no luck in located a main gear. Reaching out to see if anyone may have one for sale.

Grey Ghost

I have a good collection of 500c's I might have a beater with good gears and other parts, still would want around 30$ bucks shipped to you.

sharkman

Thank you. If you do have one send me pm.