Custom titanium handle blanks and titanium stars to match

Started by broadway, August 15, 2017, 06:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Crew,
  A few months I asked Adam (motive fabrication) to produce a couple dozen titanium handle blanks and stars for me to have a finish put on them. Knowing this had never been done before (to my knowledge) it was a crap shoot of sorts.  The anodizer warned me that color matching was impossible in most cases, as well as random creating one-of-a-kind pieces. It's a very costly, less precise, and time-consuming process in comparison to aluminum anodizing. As far as durability of the finish I have not put them to the test yet, so we're going to find this out together. I will say, the finish is used on nearly all major knife manufacturers blades and parts.
   This will be a one shot deal for me, as my goal was to give my wife, Kim a few special reels without the industrial look.  While there wasn't much of a discount for bulk orders I didn't forget the Ohana. Adam can take it from here if he so chooses otherwise I'll just give the platers info to whoever wants it.
   The stars are all 2.75 inches and will fit ALL 113H sleeves and (fine threaded) ONLY jiggy sleeves. Many of us use Lou's, Alan T's, and Pro Challenger grasps but these will fit a bunch of different options.  Please check the grasp you plan to use before ordering the blanks and stars.  Also please understand these are sets and cannot be mismatched.  A set includes... handle blank, socket head lock screw (not plated) and star and will be shipped for $125 anywhere in the US by first class mail.

Here's what's available...

Jigmaster...

(1) 6mm hole size scale pattern
(1) 6mm hole size blue to magenta fade
(1) 6mm hole size random blue electric
(1) 6mm hole size textured blue smoke
(1) 6mm hole size splatter green/yellow

(2) 3/16" hole size scale pattern
(1) 3/16" hole size random blue electric
(1) 3/16" hole size textured blue smoke
(1) 3/16" hole size splatter green/yellow

113h...

(2) 6mm hole size scale pattern
(1) 6mm hole size random blue electric
(1) 6mm hole size splatter green/yellow
(1) 6mm hole size textured blue smoke
(1) 6mm hole size blue to magenta fade

(1) 3/16" hole size scale pattern
(1) 3/16" hole size textured blue smoke SOLD
(1) 3/16" hole size splatter green/yellow
(1) 3/16" hole size magenta to blue fade SOLD

If I could email someone to get the options of colors/pattern photos up for all to see that would be great.  If not I'll have to email one by one.  I tried posting photos with my mac and I just don't get it, sorry for my ineptitude. Feel NO pressure to buy anything as I'm sure they will sell and if not I have to order more Cortez kits, lol. Adam said they look better in person than in the photos. I hope you think the same. It's first come first serve.

Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

Those are very nice, I looked at them really closely. Beautiful and unique.

I just happened to finish fine-tuning a couple of reels for a friend, since the reels came with the custom arms and stars mentioned here,  I'll post a couple of pics, in case someone is interested on how they look.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bhale1

Wow..... You guys are raising the bar to a whole new level.... AWESOME!!!!  Talk about setting a new standard, 2018 calendar here we come!!!
Brett

bhale1

Quote from: bhale1 on August 16, 2017, 03:08:52 AM
Wow..... You guys are raising the bar to a whole new level.... AWESOME!!!!  Talk about setting a new standard, 2018 calendar here we come!!!
Brett

Edit.....I guess I mean 2019!!!

Three se7ens

Heres a picture of my star.  I tried to get the colors as close to real life as possible.  This is the green/yellow splatter.

Tightlines667

That fish scale pattern is pretty awesome.

Beautiful reels

:o :o :o
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

STRIPER LOU

Very sharp and unique!!!! Also like the scale pattern.

.......Lou

broadway

Thanks guys!  What I like best about the scale pattern is that it goes with every reel and never looks out of place. I figured there would be more interest, but like I said that's not why I did it so if anyone would like one PM me otherwise Kim absolutely loves her new handles and stars. ;)
All the best,
Dom

Newell Nut

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Thanks crew,
   I'm gonna tuck these away for a rainy day as there haven't been many takers.   If anyone is interested just PM me and I'll dig them out for ya.
Stay fishy,
Dom

gstours

Are any of these arms or stars still available for the 113h?  I just now found this thread?   ???  Love to know more.    gst.

broadway

Yes they are... the list above has been updated.
Thanks for your interest.
PM me your email and I'll send you photos.
Dom

Maxed Out

Holy crapola those are all one of a kind gems Dom.

No doubt they will all sell and the exclusive club of those who own them will have bragging rights above all others !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

Hi Dom,
Do you still have any of these available?
Amazing artwork you got there buddy!
Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?