ARE YOU SUPERSTITIOUS?

Started by Dominick, August 24, 2017, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Quote from: wailua boy on August 27, 2017, 05:24:57 AM
Quote from: MarkT on August 27, 2017, 12:54:16 AM
Not likely. Bananas were introduced into Hawaii in 1850.
??? 2 species of banana were introduced by the first polynesian settlers. Do you have evidence otherwise?

You're right about that. Bananas as we usually know them (Cavendish) were introduced in 1850 but older versions were already there brought by the Hawaiian's.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

MarkT

Quote from: David Hall on August 27, 2017, 06:04:43 PM
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the old Norwegian initiation of biting the head off a fish?  My grandfather was full blooded Norwegian he passed this on to my older brother who passed it on to me!  I never forgot it, and I never forgot that it didn't help the fishing!  I made my son do it anyway, simply because I had been encouraged to do it.  Someone once tried to get me to eat the heart of a fresh salmon!  I declined and said I'm Norwegian, we only bite the heads off!

You're supposed to eat the heart of your first tuna. Guys in the know just act like they've done it before when they catch their first!

David Hall

That would be a lot of heart.  Fortunately I've fought several and nobody brought that up on my first.  Alan was afraid I might die already from exhaustion he wasn't about to ask me to at the heart!  Besides I couldn't get up off the deck anyway.

MarkT

You only need to take a bite. It helps to have a beer at hand.

alantani

yeah, i was never a big fan of that old tradition!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Quote from: alantani on August 28, 2017, 12:43:20 AM
yeah, i was never a big fan of that old tradition!   ;D

And I for one greatly appreciate that Alan!

Shark Hunter

There are only three things you need when you stop becoming a boy and are a man.
Hope, Love and Faith.
If you don't live by those three. You are still a boy. ;)
Life is Good!