Post 90 Seaboy 185 and 190

Started by Keta, August 25, 2017, 11:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

So that means on a 3/0 diameter 66 framed reel we have 2.5,3.1,3.5,4.0,4.8 and 5.0 gear ratios available. I really think that covers about everything there is to cover. Really wish someone made an improved strength 60 stand with clamp.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mo65

Quote from: Decker on May 29, 2019, 04:56:34 PM
So the main and the pinion are different.  The color of the main is kind of strange.  Chinese alloy?   Reddish color -- cadmium?  Wear gloves, Mo, who knows...

Yes, the main and pinion are both different. The first pic is the side plate you sent Joe. The second photo is the cleaned parts! The reddish shade on the brass parts came from the extended vinegar soak. I normally only soak parts a half hour or so, like that gear sleeve, but most of these parts needed serious help. The drags were practically welded to the gear...that gear soaked 8 hours. Had to scrap the bridge, the post was rusted off! I really thought I'd have to scrap the gear too. People who haven't tried vinegar to clean reel parts have no clue how well it really works.
   Thanks again for the parts Joe. I feel like I owe you one, all I asked for was a pinion. But actually, the pinion would be worthless without the main! Let me know if you can't find a Penn part, if I have it...it's yours.8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Mike, what gears are you looking for? I may have something you can hold in the boxes.

John

foakes

If anyone has a need for Seaboy plates —

I have around 30 lefts and rights.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on May 31, 2019, 02:07:40 PM
Mike, what gears are you looking for? I may have something you can hold in the boxes. 

I'm not looking for any gears John. Joe sent me the 3.1:1 set...and I had the 3.5:1 set...please don't tell me there's more...:D

Decker

You're welcome, Mo!  I just like to watch you work. ;)

Decker

Quote from: foakes on May 31, 2019, 05:27:48 PM
If anyone has a need for Seaboy plates — I have around 30 lefts and rights.

To add to the excess inventory...  I have a box of about 5 disassembled Seaboys (post 1990) in both sizes that I've decided to give away.  Also with these are some Long Beach 60 parts (a lot of cross-compatibility).  PM me please if interested. 

Decker

Quote from: Decker on August 15, 2019, 04:57:35 PM
I have a box of about 5 disassembled Seaboys (post 1990) in both sizes that I've decided to give away.  Also with these are some Long Beach 60 parts (a lot of cross-compatibility).  PM me please if interested. 

Chad has offered to take these off my hands.  If anyone else needs a part or two, let me know.  I think there's enough for everyone.

mo65

I think I have plenty of parts to keep me going Joe...hope Chad gets himself a fishable reel out of those parts. The 185/190 Seaboy should make a killer headboat reel. Faster than the LBs and Delmars, and more drag power too. I'm picturing me unhooking another slab for the cooler while the other folks are only half way up. I believe the extra speed will work out great. 8)