saltist 40

Started by alantani, February 08, 2009, 11:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish-aholic

chxh8me, with the lever positioned in free spool, any cranking of the handle will cause the main gear to rotate with the drive shaft. The pinion gear is still in contact with the main gear so it too will rotate. Inevitably this generates friction upon the spools shaft that passes through the pinion gear thus causing the spool to (slightly) rotate. It is a non issue as you thought. ;)

chxh8me

Quote from: Fish-aholic on February 12, 2015, 10:11:29 PM
chxh8me, with the lever positioned in free spool, any cranking of the handle will cause the main gear to rotate with the drive shaft. The pinion gear is still in contact with the main gear so it too will rotate. Inevitably this generates friction upon the spools shaft that passes through the pinion gear thus causing the spool to (slightly) rotate. It is a non issue as you thought. ;)

Thank you.  That's what I was hoping.  glad I didn't mess anything up when I was working on it.

Osmo3

I purchased a used one in good external condition thinking that an easy upgrade was in store.  Unfortunately, the previous owner glued the side plate screws with loctite blue! 🤬  With a lot of force, I was able to eventually loosen the screws however the slots were ruined so I ordered replacements from Mike's Reel Repair.  Oh well! At least Daiwa sent me the correct schematic.