Dang It Fred....

Started by Rivverrat, September 06, 2017, 02:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

.....look what you've done  ;D.

These are just the ones I've not cracked open yet.  Finessa's, couple of 330's two 440's, one is mint & a 110. I've got more coming....What a joy.... Jeff

theswimmer

Try living within  wrist rocket range......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

happyhooker

That is ONE sweet pile of reels.

Frank

festus

Rivverrat

Quote from: happyhooker on September 06, 2017, 03:12:38 AM
That is ONE sweet pile of reels.

Frank

Frank it really is.
One in this pile might turn out to be a parts reel. But Ive thought that before. Only to find out later it was a dirty bearing or someone had assembled them wrong.

Rivverrat

foakes

You guys are getting it figured out --

Stick with Dam Quick, ABU & Zebco Cardinals, Mitchells, and Penns -- restore them to as new -- fish them for the rest of your life -- then hand them down to your kids.

Lots of fun, capable, forgiving, effective, and reasonably priced.

Old School Cool...

Nice haul, Jeff --

BTW -- I have restored perhaps over 3500 old Quicks -- and have yet to see one that qualifies as a parts reel -- they all are rebuildable.

Plus, they deserve a second chance...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.