Bidding on a 349hc on ebay

Started by mikeysm, September 09, 2017, 02:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Ebay is not fair sometimes.
You have to take the good with the bad and don't take it personal.
You say you want anything that comes up on ebay?
That is a pretty bold statement.
Like Fred said, if you are Hell bent to win an auction.
There are sites that bid for you at the last second.
Its pretty cheap to use, but you have to pay in the end.
When I first discovered ebay, I too was frustrated at always losing at the last second. It happens.
You have to beat them at their own game.
If shill bidding is going on, they will get caught, especially when the same item comes up again and again after being won.
Slow and steady wins the race. ;)
Life is Good!

swill88

Well said Fred... ebay and fairness are oil and water

Daron, I once won an auction at way too high a price (alcohol may have been involved) and checking the bids later it was obvious shills were at work. Contacted Ebay and they cancelled the deal.

It pays to keep your side of the street clean like Fred says.

I'm pulling for you to get a deal Mikey...

That Antares DC you sold me was so sweet and you gave such a great price. Thanks!

I'ts going to Bridgeport with me in a few weeks.

Steve

mikeysm

They are going to outbid me. But it will be someone who wants it more. More power to him. The owner will get a fair price.

Mike

Carl L

Don't ever bid on 3 antique outboard motors on ebay at 3:00 am.  You wake up and discover you won all 3.. shipping was murder.. I did however, get a cool collection of vintage coleman lanterns the same way.. My favorite is a 1969 "sunshine of the night"

swill88

Quote from: Carl L on January 22, 2018, 08:13:50 AM
Don't ever bid on 3 antique outboard motors on ebay at 3:00 am.  You wake up and discover you won all 3.. shipping was murder.. I did however, get a cool collection of vintage coleman lanterns the same way.. My favorite is a 1969 "sunshine of the night"

Speaking of 3AM bidding, since I recently finally am following many doctor's orders and exhortations to stop drinking etoh; packages are no longer arriving as a complete surprise. I bought these?
Anybody need a vintage Harnell fly rod?
Steve

Tiddlerbasher

Bryan Young

You guys crack me up.  The last thing I want to do is look on a computer when I'm drinking.  Now that I don't drink, all I do is look on the computer, phone or tablet.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

swill88

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 22, 2018, 02:34:53 PM
You guys crack me up.  The last thing I want to do is look on a computer when I'm drinking.  Now that I don't drink, all I do is look on the computer, phone or tablet.
When you are drinking all the time when can you look at your computer?

handi2

I have a black 349 sitting in a box. Do you want it? I dont know what they are worth and dont need it. The last 349H I gave to Lee.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Keta

Quote from: handi2 on January 22, 2018, 02:40:38 PM
I have a black 349 sitting in a box. Do you want it? I dont know what they are worth and dont need it. The last 349H I gave to Lee.

Keith

And it now has a Cortez Conversion 1/2 frame, Newel aluminum spool, SS 113H gear sleeve, Pro Challenger 506 crossbar and a SS AR dog.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: swill88 on January 22, 2018, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on January 22, 2018, 02:34:53 PM
When you are drinking all the time when can you look at your computer?

I never looked at the computer...I cannot discuss what I was doing due to the 12 years old language rule. ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jim Fujitani

I haven't been on e-bay in quite a few years.  I never sold on the site, but won/bought a few rods and reels.  Like everyone else, I got a couple overpaid items, as well as a couple of steals.  I used to watch some sellers who were close to me.  I know it is frowned upon, but I could have contacted sellers before auctions ending (but never did).  I bought some additional stuff from sellers after agreeing to meet FTF and inquiring what else they might have at that moment.

One of my overpaid deals was a used high end saltwater reel from an out of state tackle shop.  It appeared pristine, and was listed as "serviced" and with service/repair records.  It was serviced alright, but there was salt build-up on some of the noncritical internal areas.  And one of my best deals was a little used custom Calstar 760M trolling rod (I believe part of an estate sale).  The auction ended on the night before Thanksgiving (good time to look) and Calstar was misspelled in the listing, but labeled correctly, in script, in the accompanying photos.  I was the only bidder and the Reserve was an easily met bid.

Just "Buyer Beware".

mikeysm

I only bid on new old stock reels. There idea of in good condition is one man opinion compared to mine.

Mike

CooldadE

Quote from: Keta on January 22, 2018, 02:44:24 PM
Quote from: handi2 on January 22, 2018, 02:40:38 PM

Keith

And it now has a Cortez Conversion 1/2 frame, Newel aluminum spool, SS 113H gear sleeve, Pro Challenger 506 crossbar and a SS AR dog.

What gears do you have in that reel Lee ???

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

handi2

Mike if you want the black 349 i will post a picture here. All in need is about 10 bucks for shipping. Probably less with Regional Rate.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL