Early Vintage Stationar Rolle Quick Standard D.A.M. Berlin SW68 Salesman Sample

Started by foakes, March 11, 2018, 06:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Nice job!

Show us a photo of your under spool loose ratchet gear.

I should have one for you.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cubby1973

Not seeing what would be missing that keeps it in place.

foakes

I will check tomorrow if I have what you need.

It is out in the other shop — 25 degrees and 2' of fresh snow — we just returned home from being down in town all day.

Roads were not cleared when we left — adventure — snowed another foot while we were gone.

Got a nice warm 🔥 fire going now.

Pajamas, a movie, and relaxation.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cubby1973

Gfish

Looks from your pictures and the way mine is, the rachet is probably peened down onto that brass lookin part on the bottom.
Cool I got reel # 028888 after they started numbering them. I'mina guess ~1954.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Cubby1973

Quote from: Gfish on February 11, 2019, 02:18:22 AM
Looks from your pictures and the way mine is, the rachet is probably peened down onto that brass lookin part on the bottom.
Cool I got reel # 028888 after they started numbering them. I'mina guess ~1954.

This is my serial number. Not sure if gear is just pressed onto brass bushing.

theswimmer

Should be no big deal.
While you and Sue were Lolly Gaggin in town  I used the Silver Bullet to pull  11 cars and trucks back on the road.
Just kinda Ohana payment if you get my drift Fred 😎
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

swill88

Quote from: theswimmer on February 11, 2019, 02:30:05 AM
Real chains on all four wheels helps.....

Whenever I drive my 2WD Tundra in a snowstorm I'm heading to JT's and Fred's neighborhood!

Great thread guys, thanks.

Steve