Main Menu

fluke in Korea

Started by ksong, September 14, 2017, 08:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

While I am here in Korea,  I fished fluke in southwest part of Korea called Taeahn Peninsula. 
Fluke in Korea is a little different from fluke here. But their behaviors are indentical and taste is the same.

They used to catch them only using artificial lures and teasers. But I am surprised they use live mackerel for them now.
I tried hi - log rigs, but it didn't work. I think they smell live mackerel and they are not interested in artificial bait. 
I wanted to test hi lo rigs wether I catch them with it or not but I couldn't resist Capt's insist to use live bait.:)
fluke sizes were impressive as they use live mackerel.  
The biggest fluke caught on the boat was whopping 8 kg ( 17.6 lb). I've never seen so big fuke while fishing. 
I observed that most sharpies were using ultra light rods even we fished deep in 100' - 150'.  And all used drop shot rig.  

Coast guard checking everyone for identification before leaving the dock.

Catch live mackerel 

Live well for each angler.

my catch using Black Hole Cape Cod Slow Pitch rod/ IRT300 filled with PE 1.5 (15 lb) line.

My friend, Ji Kim's catch using 6'8" prototye economic version of Black Hole slow pitch rod/Penn Fathom 15 reel.

17.6 lb monster fluke 

I am holding the 17'6" monster for size comparison

15 anglers' catch

Tiddlerbasher

Wow they look more like small butts :o