Shimano Ocean Jigger 2000NRHG Maintenance Tutorial Please

Started by edgarz, March 22, 2020, 03:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgarz

Good day Wholli. Please tell me the part number of the key washer. I can't find a schematic diagram in english. Thank you in advance.

Wolli

Hi, Edgarz,

sorry, but for the complete Ocea series there are only Japanese schematics available.

Assume that Shimano USA has no parts for the reel. At least is the reel not on their website, same in Europe.

Recommend, same i do, to order any parts from the Japanese company PLAT.
www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/partsorder.php?products_id=934

Plat is for hundred percent reliable and delivers latest within two weeks.

Hope that the parts can be shipped due to lot of flight cancellations.

I'm waiting for parts of Okuma/Taiwan. Shipment is ready for despatch but cannot be flown. Thats the info...
"Regarding spare parts, they're ready. However, due to the reduction or cancellation of flights by airlines, air parcel by post to Germany are suspended. We'll send them to you once the service is available."

Best and good luck

Wolli

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

edgarz

Hello Wholli. Thanks. I know and have used Plat in the past. I just want you to pinpoint in the schematics what part number the key washer is because as I've mentioned earlier I am a reel nerd.

edgarz

Well, what has to be done must be done so I decided to clean both of my OJs. Pictures show the 2001 model which is a lefty. Note that the handle nut loosens in a clockwise direction. Rest of the photos show a newly opened reel.

edgarz

I forgot to mention the last picture is a newly cleaned 2000 model.Some points to ponder;
1. You have to be careful with the screws that they don't get rounded. I wonder if Shimano has a set of screwdrivers for their reels.
2. Take a photo of the springs in their position to eliminate guessing later on.
3. The bearings are sealed permanently. I wish someone could market rubber seals as replacements.

boon

The screws are probably JIS not Phillips. Dedicated screwdriver set is the answer.

edgarz

boon if you look at the pictures you will see that they are not.