Pflueger Capitol 1785 advice

Started by gconcepcion, September 21, 2017, 12:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gconcepcion

Hi Guys,

I've visited the board here off and on over the years,but never had a reason to register. I live just south of SF in Pacifica where I do most of my fishing on the beach for stripers.

A couple weekends ago on one of my many outings to mussel rock, I found an old Pflueger Capitol 1785 still attached to a pole lodged in the rocks. I figure it must have fallen off one of the many Salmon fishing boats that have been out there over the past month or two. It was completely packed with sand when I found it, but otherwise considering I found it lodged in the rocks, both the rod and reel were in still pretty decent condition.

I disassembled the reel, cleaned it out really well, and re-assembled it, mostly. Everything seems to function correctly, however I'm concerned that I can't find a home for two of the pieces. See red circle below. Can anybody offer any advice on where these two pieces go? One looks like a drag washer in the pic, however it's metal, and bowed down the center. The other is a small hexagonal threaded piece. I can't figure out what to do with either of them, and unfortunately I didn't take pictures (yeah I know....).

unknown pieces:

Also bonus points if you can help me identify the rod, and the boat it came from:

thx for your help!

gconcepcion

I found a random screw on my floor that must have been there for the past week and realized where the hex piece goes. That still leaves me with the bowed metal washer.

I'm thinking maybe this was an aftermarket add-on to add a little bit of extra pressure to the drag stack?

Tiddlerbasher

The spring washer might fit on top of the drag stag - it would give a more gradual increase in drag. Penn use a similar arrangement.