Penn 875LC parts?

Started by akfish, October 01, 2017, 07:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akfish

Hi Guys -- I need a part for a Penn 875 Line Counter, specifically part number 306-875. This is the control box gear. It's nylon with two tiny magnets that drive the electronic line counter. The reel I'm working on is mint save for this part; one of the magnets had vanished before I got in the reel. Scott's and Penn both say it is NLA. Thanks. If you find one for me I'll not only pay, but send you a Taku Reel Repair hat. What a deal!!
Bill Brown
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, AK
wsbrown@gci.net
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

my parts inventory ends at 302......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

akfish

Yea, I could use 302 875 too; it's the Bogey Wheel. But unless Scott's is incorrect, the part I need is 306 875.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

oh, sorry, it's a 302-525. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fishgrain

Hi BB, i checked but no luck.

however now that I know you need one of these, I will specifically try to find one for you.

and i'll wear that hat with pride.  :)

thank you,

Jay Grob

akfish

Thanks for checking. The problem with the gear, I think, is that a tiny magnet has fallen out of one side of the gear. I just ordered some tiny magnets from eBay with the hope that sticking one in will make thing right. We'll see...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

InTheNet

Bill, after talking to you today. I have you covered!

The gear should only have 1 magnet on it. I have had a couple come loose but was always able to find the magnet in the side cover and reglue it. Sounds like the gear you have is good.

The counter showing 111,222,333 etc just means it needs to be reprogrammed. I will send you a bogey wheel and instruction manual. It is not hard, but follow the directions exactly.
you may want to change the battery in the counter. Six small screws and then carefully pull the back cover off so as not to stretch/ break the o-ring. Carefully pop out the old battery (available everywhere/ a 2032 if I remember correctly) Change the battery before you reprogram the counter.

If all else fails send it to me and I will get it going and send back to you.

It is hard finding parts cause some guy (me) keeps buying them all. :)

Glad I could finally help someone on here as others have helped me

Rick Hehn

akfish

Rick -- Thanks for the call and the bogey wheel, not to mention all the information. I learn a lot on this board because of people like you. I'll drop you a note when I get the reel working. In the mean time, Tight Lines! Bill
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Dominick

For that kind of help I'd send him 2 hats.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

InTheNet

bogey wheel sent today. priority mail. supposed to be there 11/30/2017

InTheNet

Bill, good job on getting the reel working!

Dominick

Sounds like some behind the scenes got you going Bill.  Good job to all involved.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

InTheNet

Bill, thanks for the hat and lure. I am going to paint the back of it pink and use it for  Walleye.

akfish

And it's guaranteed to catch fish! Thanks again.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska