Penn 650SS Spinning Reel

Started by Fleet, October 13, 2017, 04:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can i use a standard white nylon washer in the drag stack ?

Use as is.
0 (0%)
Replace part.
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Fleet

I have a Penn 650SS spinning reel that i have rebuilt and am planning on using it for bay fishing, the drag stack has a white nylon washer that has a small piece missing out of it,can i get one from Home Depot that is the same size and use it  or will i have to order it and wait until it gets to my hose before i can use the reel. The piece missing is very small out of the washer and the drag still works, what do you guys think. Thanks for any help you can give.

handi2

The nylon washer in the drag stack will be fine until you replace it. I replace them with the same drag washer. If you need either just PM me.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

i always replace with nylon washer with greased carbon fiber, but then i have a whole box full of carbon fiber drags......   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

so, use your good nylong washer and order a ht-100 kit from some of the guys here, its one of the cheapest HT-100 drag washer kits, I just did the same for a 650SS from a friend.
you will discard the new nylon washer after gettin the carbon fiber washers
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Your reel will work just fine as you have it, but it would be better to replace the teflon washer with the HT 100( not the one under the spool).
While you at it, get yourself one of these knobs as well , these are much better than the earlier ones:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/52N-650N.aspx

Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.