jigmaster 500???

Started by Deepsouth, October 17, 2017, 07:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepsouth

I recently came across a Jigmaster 500 S, it appears to have a factory red anodized aluminum spool. What does the" S " mean and whats up with the red spool? Just curious.

Bryan Young

S was the anniversary special. They had a special red and red anodized spool.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

....well technically the "S" model side plates are made of different material. The S model is just for the switch over to tail plate as the quick take apart side.

Penn used an "L" on the boxes to denote the aluminum spool. A lot of 500S reels came with black aluminum spool too.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Decker

Deepsouth

Thanks. I have know idea why I didn't search this, but I do appreciate the info.

thorhammer

As told to me years ago by Mike Quinn at Penn the S had left side takeaway, Delrin plates and was manufactured in 72-74. This is a head scratcher as anni was 12 years after for red spool.  I also have S with chrome spool but easily could have been switched out. Some don't like them because Delrin chips easier but I've found they generally have steel gears and chrome innards.   I love them. 

John

Maxed Out

The first 500L had the silver aluminim spool. They used same box as the chrome spool model, but would add the sticker to the aluminum spool models.

The 500SL was the later model but says "new" because it was redesigned from the original jigmaster.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

MartyBell

Do you know by chance the year for the silver aluminum spool?