Still here - but need to thin out

Started by biggiesmalls, October 24, 2017, 12:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyhooker

Some of you guys are pretty hard on a boy in love!

Frank

Decker

Quote from: happyhooker on October 24, 2017, 07:52:57 PM
Some of you guys are pretty hard on a boy in love!

happyhooker has a heart of gold

mikeysm

Ditch the girlfriend and find one that loves to fish. Problem solved everyone is happy.

Mike

steelfish

Quote from: biggiesmalls on October 24, 2017, 12:38:59 AM
..... But I can tell you this - in 2018, the fish had better stock up on some tylenol, because I'll be putting the hurting on them.

Drew

thats not gonna happen if your new GF is still around in 2018, sorry amigo.
The Baja Guy

bhale1

This thread just makes me laugh...but in reverse! At least for now both my daughters love to fish, I feel sorry for the "cute, hunky" guy that goes with them on a bass boat, and doesn't seem to like fishing...... Guess I should look into that ejection seat option for the boat😁
Brett

Gfish

I'd probably tell my son, if he were ina similar situation, "I'd recommend prioritizing like this:#1) fishing tackle & fishing; #2) "good" female companionship; #3) career oriented employment; #4) school".
#3 don't take too seriously, just make an effort and DON'T let'em turn you into a BS artist.
#4 not a big fan a school over self teaching and school's supposed to be straight-up academia, but can be more of a business, even public schooling. Only if you really think you'll get something odda it and enjoy it. Or if you really need the cert./degree for the job which is a poor reason, but, such is the world...
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Decker

Drew, I hope this thread makes you run straight to your parents for advice.   /Joe

thorhammer

They'll make more girls, but no more Magpowers :)

biggiesmalls

Tough crowd lol. Good news is... She's into fishing. She can stay around... For now ;)

So we can combine those two things together.
Anybody have a good word about the Conflicts? Might pick up a 2500 to play with, then another, and another...

MarkT

Now you have an excuse to have 2 of everything!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

foakes

Don't take too seriously all of the advice you are receiving, Drew...🙂🙂🙂

Sounds like you have a good balance.

But remember, we learn little from others mistakes, cautions, and successes.

We learn the most from the mistakes and successes we own.

Stay employed, get that degree, enjoy your fishing hobby, and don't get too serious about the women in your life until you feel you are set financially, have steady judgement, and your future is not completely planned out -- but you do have a goal along with a plan to get there.

And also, know that the perceived importance of every passion and goal could change in the blink of an eye.  So grab what you can now, do it daily, be careful, be wise -- work steadily towards your goals -- but enjoy life as you go.

Just another's 2 cents...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

That is a pretty clever and mostly accurate matrix, Alan --

But like the speaker sez, it is not static -- it moves around to a certain extent.

I would say Joy and you did very well without the matrix!

Best to you and Joy!

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

anglingarchitect

My current girlfriend loves to fish, so thats important, she doesn't go hunting with me though, she cries when i shoot things.

Fish lives don't seem to matter to her. ???

Bryan Young

Drew, do you need a bass reel (bait caster, not spinning).  I've got a couple.  They have all been serviced.  Just let me know what line test and capacity you are looking for or approximate size and I'll send you pics...and you can choose which one you want.  Let me know.

About the girl thing...well, you have a lot of older :D men giving you experience advise...but you have a fisherwoman?  You are doing much better than the rest of us to start...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cor

Quote from: anglingarchitect on October 25, 2017, 06:18:28 PM
My current girlfriend loves to fish, so thats important, she doesn't go hunting with me though, she cries when i shoot things.

Fish lives don't seem to matter to her. ???
But that is exactly the problem, she is a girlfriend who maybe becomes a wife, then it all stops right there.

When I was 18 my GF who is now my wife, did lots of things with me, slept over on the mountain side where we went fishing together for the Week end, so much fun I thought, heaven I thought, .....she has not been near a fishing spot for 35 years!

Can't all be bad though, we've been married for 44 years now ??? ??? ???
Cornelis