PG 251 5+1 kit?

Started by sinkerswim, June 20, 2011, 09:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinkerswim

Hi guys,

Is there a 5+1 kit available for a Pro Gear 251, one that doesn't involve sanding and drilling. Or, does all the current available stuff take some tweaking?

Dawn, care to weigh in?

Thanks

ReelSpeed

Hey Pete, if this is the jigmaster size 5+1 kit, I have been trying to work on it and get it rolling, but I have had lots of other things on my plate.  Maybe I can get with Dawn on this and make it available.
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

Bryan Young

See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1518.0.  Dawn has the parts.  Talking with her to have kits available through her or through Alan.

Confirm that it would be #21 Carbontex without any boring out the hole.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ReelSpeed

There you go.. I think the kit I was looking at was for the shorter gear.  good luck.
(562) 261-5190

sinkerswim

AAron and Bryan,

Thanks guys! I knew someone on this board would know. It's no wonder why you guys are moderators, quick, quick, and oh yeah, quick!

Pete

Bryan Young

Hi Aaron,

We were considering a kit for the shorter gear and forgot how thick the metal washers needed to be.  though the metal washers would need to be considerably thinner, and wasn't quite sure of the strength if they were really thin.  I'm no mechanical engineer or metal man, so what do I know.  Maybe you could figure it out with the proper materials.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 21, 2011, 07:38:45 AM
Hi Aaron,

I'm no mechanical engineer or metal man, so what do I know. 

Bryan

Don't be so hard on yourself Bryan, I've seen you come up with a few tricks in the past.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Aaron,

The depth of the jigmaster gear is 4.5 mm  Assuming that you will have more than 2 mm between the gear and the side plate, and the carbontex drag washers used are 0.5 mm thick, with one metal carbontex washer and one keyed washer above the gear, the metal washers need to be 0.5 mm thick each.

Hope this helps if you are planning to put something together.

Bryan

ReelSpeed

Yep, I have all the specs for this, just need to get some materials and some time to get a bunch made.  The plan was to use .020" stainless for the metal washers and the .5mm carbontex for the drag washers.  Hopefully get something done with this pretty soon.

Aaron
(562) 261-5190

Bryan Young

I know guys on bloodydecks are also interested when this comes out.