Insert drag kit for Jigmaster

Started by Three se7ens, November 11, 2017, 04:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmstorm64

I can go for 3 sets when they are ready.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

otghoyt

Hey Adam;

Fishing season is coming to a close here in SoCal and reel building time is upon us.  I would dearly love to have one of your 500 drag insert kits to work with.  I know there are many requests for your inserts and I have been drooling like Pavlov's Dog begging to get my hands on one.  

I need to purchase.... 10ea. Derlin, under gear washers for the 114H, along with 5 of your thick top washers for your 114H insert stack.

Tell me what you have available to work with and I will get you some Christmas money double quick.

Thank you,

Hoyt~

otghoyt

Adam;  

I will purchase any portion of my order that is available now.  My customers are wanting their reels finished.  One simply needs handle arm and star to be returned to it's owner and I get paid as well  Anything you could send would be greatly appreciated.  

joel8080

Hi

How is the Jigmaster inserts looking?

joel8080

Oceanside,California

otghoyt

The last word we had on the Jigmaster drag insert was last August.  Your response was "soon".  Anglers have been ordering many of these and in my case, "soon" has come and gone.

This long wait has my customers questioning my ability to perform.  They are not returning for my services because I take too long.  This reaction by my customers, necessitates that I must cancel all of my Jigmaster insert  orders and do something else.

Good luck,

H

Keta

Life happens, Adam is not a thief so cut him some slack.  

With my parts I have to rely on others to cut them.  My cutter has large better paying jobs and they are expanding rapidly My cutting cost went up 100% and SS is not cheep either so I can loose more $ when I get parts that aren't within my specs.  Micro customers like me are being left behind.  I have made parts for as cheep as I could and passed on the price, but have lost $ doing so.  I am still trying to get someone to cut my parts and will give my drawings to anyone that thinks they can get them cut.  A better use of my time, like +$ rather than -$, is wiring boats and supervising/consulting on the installation of industrial machinery and I have been doing more of that lately.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: wothoyt on January 13, 2019, 03:17:26 PM
The last word we had on the Jigmaster drag insert was last August.  Your response was "soon".  Anglers have been ordering many of these and in my case, "soon" has come and gone.

This long wait has my customers questioning my ability to perform.  They are not returning for my services because I take too long.  This reaction by my customers, necessitates that I must cancel all of my Jigmaster insert  orders and do something else.

Good luck,

H

You know, every one of us that sell stuff on or thru this website have lives, family, and other full time jobs that take precedence. Why don't you take this up with Adam personally, via PM instead of crapping on this thread?

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Reel 224

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on January 13, 2019, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: wothoyt on January 13, 2019, 03:17:26 PM

Good luck,

H

You know, every one of us that sell stuff on or thru this website have lives, family, and other full time jobs that take precedence. Why don't you take this up with Adam personally, via PM instead of crapping on this thread?

EXACTLY! Right address the person not the thread. >:(........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mikeysm

That would work if Adam would answer his personal messages.

Mike

Gman_WC

I'd like inserts also and have friends asking
me for upgrades. But...until I have parts in hand, I'll
promise nothing. We can't do anything about available
inserts until they become available.  Like others have stated,
life gets in the way and many factors play into availability.
I'll watch and wait, hoping that they become available again.
-g
Walnut Creek, CA

Swami805

Some good options if the inserts aren't available, Bryan Young's drag kits or the pro challenger gear sets to name a few. Life gets in the way of things at times, patience is a virtue.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Three se7ens

I wont have the drag material I ordered until the end of this month.  I simply cant sell drag kits that I dont have material for. 

I have had a lot going on, and its really been cutting into the time I have available to make parts.  But I do plan to keep the drag kits going, if nothing else.  Some of the factors have been out of my control, and others life just got in the way of.  But this is why I make it a point to not accept payment for parts I dont have on hand.  I know it sucks to wait on parts that keep getting delayed, but it sucks WAY more when you have already paid for them, and I dont want that to ever be an issue.

Gman_WC

Walnut Creek, CA

Reel 224

Quote from: Three se7ens on January 13, 2019, 08:58:54 PM
I wont have the drag material I ordered until the end of this month.  I simply cant sell drag kits that I dont have material for. 

I have had a lot going on, and its really been cutting into the time I have available to make parts.  But I do plan to keep the drag kits going, if nothing else.  Some of the factors have been out of my control, and others life just got in the way of.  But this is why I make it a point to not accept payment for parts I dont have on hand.  I know it sucks to wait on parts that keep getting delayed, but it sucks WAY more when you have already paid for them, and I dont want that to ever be an issue.

Adam: Now that I started doing business, I now know what it is to wait for parts and people in a hurry for a miracle to happen. Some understand and some don't. Just read the bottom of my comments.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

vilters

X2 on thanks for the update Adam. i'd like some insert drag kits too, have replied to the thread, and PATIENTLY wait... btw as has been said, yours are GREAT products and well worth the wait.