Shimano Trinidad 20 DC Bearing size?

Started by JasonDunn, November 17, 2017, 04:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonDunn

Quote from: Swami805 on November 21, 2017, 01:29:23 AM
This may be a dumb question but isn't the cast control slowing it down? Not sure how the DC works but doesn't it slow the spool down by design? Does it just moderate spool speed to prevent over run and not effect free spool at all?

Hi Swami, the dc unlike other mag and centrifugal braked reels which brakes as soon as the cast is made, the dc only starts applying notable braking when the spool reaches a certain rpm, depending on the setting you leave it on,  now besides that the mags on the dc does effect the spool speed by nature, when spinng the spool with your thumb to see how long it can run those mags definately affect its speed, this coupled with stock bearings is equal to the final result, with putting in a faster running bearing and as handi2 suggests, polishing the shaft and the pinion, all this plus the natural force of the mags should be equal to a faster spool, compared to stock bearings and the mags. What i could also do to achieve a faster spool is remove say 2 mags but i dont want to do that as i want the full funcionality of the dc system just with better bearings.

Hope this made sence, im no reel pro but thats the best i could do.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

handi2

Quote from: JasonDunn on November 21, 2017, 10:44:35 AM
Hi handi2 sounds like a plan! ive done the spool polish and inside of pinion gear to my old tld 20/40 with great results, will pm you my address, thanks, what do i owe you?

P.S. on measurement i get 4x10x4mm and 4x11x4mm?

Ill make sure you get the right ones. You can remove the cast control off the spool if needed.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

Quote from: Swami805 on November 21, 2017, 01:29:23 AM
This may be a dumb question but isn't the cast control slowing it down? Not sure how the DC works but doesn't it slow the spool down by design? Does it just moderate spool speed to prevent over run and not effect free spool at all?

supposedly you can fling a jig as hard as you want and not backlash it.  not sure how or if it works, but it's expensive enough!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JasonDunn

Its really amazing, the sound that it makes when casting is spectacular, atleast to me. Check out the youtube link below and notice and hear how the dc slows down the speed of the spool as soon as it wants to over run.

JasonDunn

Quote from: handi2 on November 21, 2017, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: JasonDunn on November 21, 2017, 10:44:35 AM
Hi handi2 sounds like a plan! ive done the spool polish and inside of pinion gear to my old tld 20/40 with great results, will pm you my address, thanks, what do i owe you?

P.S. on measurement i get 4x10x4mm and 4x11x4mm?

Ill make sure you get the right ones. You can remove the cast control off the spool if needed.

THANKS SO MUCH KEITH I WILL REALLY REALLY APRECIATE IT!