Newell 400 series Aluminum Sideplates <SOLD OUT>

Started by Bryan Young, November 17, 2017, 06:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

SOLD OUT.  Thank you everyone for your support.

Thank you,
Bryan

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Each side plate set comes with the following parts:

10 side plate screws
2 upper and 2 lower bridgeplate screws
4 side plate crossbar plugs
4 crossbar filler plugs (smooth sided hex screws)
2 bearing cups (installed in both side plates)
2 ABEC5 stainless steel bearings (dry)
1 clicker spring and securement screw
2 reversible harness lugs/plugs
1 clicker tongue and button assembly
1 shift lever guard and screws (installed in the drive side plate)

Please see photo.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Swami805

Wow just Wow! Next level in side plates. Hope they're available soon! Sign me up!Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

The crossbar and filler plug screws were created so that you may use different Newell bars, aluminum or composite.  Here are the composite bars being installed.

Bryan Young

With the aluminum bars installed

Bryan Young

The reversible lugs.

Bryan Young

The new eccentric lever cover.

Bryan Young

The building of the clicker assembly.

The clicker button followed by a Delrin washer. The button is then inserted in the sideplate followed by the Teflon washer, clicker tongue then e-clip.

Bryan Young

And the remaining clicker assembly

Bryan Young

One warning in the assembly is the eccentric spring may be sticking out too much and may need to be filed down a little so it does not contact the lug when the lug is in the plug configuration.

I'm not talking that much.  Maybe one or two strokes with a file. 

Yogi_fish808

Bryan those crossbar filler studs are brilliant!

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Bryan Young

Swami805

I recieved my kits from Bryan yesterday and his pictures don't do them justice. I had some time to put one together on a narrow tiburon frame. Went together flawlessly ( did file the spring down a bit). I used a tiburon narrow frame, a shimano Trinidad handle, a motive fab star and a black Cortez conversion clicker. The guts are from a no letter 440 with 2 dogs. Also has Bryan's 5 stack drag.
Great free spool and buttery smooth.
Get them before they lr gone, you won't be dissapointed
I'll try and put another set on a stock newell tonight and get some pictures up
As a side note I weighted the side plates with the stock plates. The clicker side was a little bit lighter that stock, the handle side just a bit heavier. Overall weight difference is less than an ounce.
Here's a few pictures
Do what you can with that you have where you are