Here we go again.

Started by Bryan Young, December 03, 2017, 02:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Well, the end of the push is real and alive again. Flying to Appleton, Wisconsin on Sunday returning on Wednesday.  Wish me warmth for this Hawaii born, Cali-livin guy.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

happyhooker

Forecast for Sunday is unseasonably warm (50s), but you better enjoy it, 'cause the thermometer comes crashing down staring Mon. Was beautiful today (Sat.), but spent the day helping two families move household goods, then put up holiday lights outside the house this afternoon, so no fishing :(

Frank

Swami805

Safe travels and a warm jacket. There's always the cheese
Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 03, 2017, 02:11:16 AM
Well, the end of the push is real and alive again. Flying to Appleton, Wisconsin on Sunday returning on Wednesday.  Wish me warmth for this Hawaii born, Cali-livin guy.

Back just in time to go fishing?

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Be safe, get your flu shot, and stay inside cause the upper midwest is no joke in terms of winter weather.
stay toasty,
Dom

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Travel Safe Bryan,
Wisconsin is too cold for me.
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

Noviceman

Hey Bryan...Welcome to NE Wisconsin....I live in Neenah which is about 4 miles from Appleton and only about 2 miles from the airport...Will think of you when I hear the planes take off...Good trip to you..

Bryan Young

Quote from: Noviceman on December 03, 2017, 03:15:48 PM
Hey Bryan...Welcome to NE Wisconsin....I live in Neenah which is about 4 miles from Appleton and only about 2 miles from the airport...Will think of you when I hear the planes take off...Good trip to you..
Hi Jim,

I'll actually be working in Neenah.  I didn't realize it was that close to Appleton.  It looks further on the map.

Unfortunately my cousin lives in Eagle and the other lives throwing distance from Canada. So I will not have a chance to see them.

I hear you folks have an awesome aviation museum in your area.   I may just have to check that out since I'm landing around 1:00 pm. Any eatery recommendations? 

Thank you,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 03, 2017, 05:09:27 PM
Any eatery recommendations? 

Thank you,
Bryan
If you were here I know a good place ;) :
(Latitude, Longitude)
(39.976365600, -75.314979600)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Noviceman

We have a lot of chains...the applebees...chilis....texas roadhouse...panera... all not too far from the airport...for supper club we like Dick & Joans on Lynndale in appleton...older croud (like us) but nice people and good food...

Where are you working in Neenah??

Gfish

In Wisconsin, if you want quality ethnic eats, I'd look for a well rated German resturant.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Noviceman on December 03, 2017, 06:06:13 PM
We have a lot of chains...the applebees...chilis....texas roadhouse...panera... all not too far from the airport...for supper club we like Dick & Joans on Lynndale in appleton...older croud (like us) but nice people and good food...

Where are you working in Neenah??
Unfortunately, I am unable to disclose this information due to our confidentiality agreements between my company and our customers.  

Thank you for the recommendations. I think I'll try Dick and Joans. I am not much aid a food chain eatery person. Love local hole in the wall places the best.

Jim, do you need anything?  Squidder drag kit?