Super Stock and Stock Dam Quicks

Started by oldmanjoe, November 27, 2023, 06:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat, akroper, Bryan Young, ExcessiveAngler, ReelFishingProblems, Jigtosser, reelynew and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oldmanjoe

:)  You guess it Hercules 90 pound braid , it`s the only bulk braid I have at the moment .  Other than 20 pound mono witch is about the same diameter .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: oldmanjoe on Today at 05:29:20 AM:)  You guess it Hercules 90 pound braid , it`s the only bulk braid I have at the moment .  Other than 20 pound mono which is about the same diameter .
Oh my goodness 90 huh lol. I only use 90 pound braid when I'm casting 8 to 10 ounce sinkers on my surf rods as a shock leader.
I hate that braid, It's horrible lol!
Line lay should definitely change for the better with lighter quality braid on there. Need to get yourself some fire line.
Don't know what it is about that line, but man, it is good stuff and really does favor older spinners. I mostly use original power pro super slick on my spinners. Just about time to go on the hunt for some again, if I can get my head above the water lol.
As usual, you're painting, looks gorgeous by the way.

ExcessiveAngler

Yep, it was a 440N then a 540N, just as I describe them. Was trying to join the DAM club lol. I just wanted to see what they felt like, compared to other old spinners.
If they felt good, I was going to keep them.
Here's a pic or two, if you don't mind?IMG_3207.png