DAM Quick 275 Super 2-Speed HD Spinner

Started by foakes, December 03, 2017, 06:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: festus on February 01, 2018, 01:13:36 AM
I saw a 2 speed Super 270 last night either on ebay or Goodwill for less than 10 bucks plus shipping.  Got sidetracked by something then forgot to respond or went to sleep, checked again this morning and couldn't find it.  :-[
The only one I've seen was pretty beat up with parts missing, but the gears looked ok. He was asking $50 plus shipping I offered him $45 with free shipping.
I will take it apart and see what I could save. I know the dog is missing, if I find one I might send it out to get stripped and powder coated with some custom cut outs, or maybe it will end up in a trash bin...we'll see
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I saw that one from Italy Last week.
I should have bought it, but I have a lot going on right now.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Good things come to those who wait. ;D
I am now the proud owner of a 275, built from parts from one of our Masters. ;)
It was a pleasant surprise after another long day at work. :o
Life is Good!

foakes

Sal is a good man, Daron.

They don't get any better than him...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Swami805

Nice one Daron, Should come in handy on your next venture to the beach. I'b be interested to see the drag numbers when when you get it spooled up. The CF drags should make for a stout set up.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Quote from: Swami805 on February 27, 2018, 01:09:43 PM
Nice one Daron, Should come in handy on your next venture to the beach. I'b be interested to see the drag numbers when when you get it spooled up. The CF drags should make for a stout set up.
Sheridan, I left the drags original, I wasn't sure if Daron wanted to keep it as original as possible or if he wanted to upgrade.
He knows how to if he wants to :)
All parts on the reel are original, except for the handle. Oh, the dog post has also been replaced. The one on Daron's reel is much stronger than ours.
When I'll run into an original handle I'll send it over to him. I must say though, I like that handle that it's on now much better. :-\

Fred, thank you for the kind words.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

You have done enough already Pal.
I really appreciate this.
Still waiting on Adam's upgrade for the drags.
Life is Good!

happyhooker

Back awhile, there was a request for a schematic on this reel (at least, I think it was this one).  Here's one I ran across.

Frank

(Not sure where I got this.  Might have been the fishingtalks.com site.  Wherever it came from, thanks to the poster of it.  F.)

Alto Mare

Quote from: happyhooker on March 12, 2018, 07:42:15 PM
Back awhile, there was a request for a schematic on this reel (at least, I think it was this one).  Here's one I ran across.

Frank

(Not sure where I got this.  Might have been the fishingtalks.com site.  Wherever it came from, thanks to the poster of it.  F.
Thanks for that Frank. I've serviced a few lately and could probably do it now with my eyes closed ;D. It does get very easy the second time around...just as everything else.

Sal

oldmanjoe

What are the gear ratio ?   3/1-5/1            joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Shark Hunter

2.5/1 and 4.5/1 according to the schematic.
Life is Good!