Mitchell Ti 20/30 GL lever drag reel

Started by septicsac, June 27, 2011, 02:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

septicsac

Hi, I have recently been given a Mitchel Ti 20 30 GL reel and can find little or no info on it. Best pic is here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitchell-Ti-20-30-Gl-Multiplier-Reel-/360360561371?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Fishing_Reels_JN&hash=item53e729cadb#ht_668wt_905
Anyway I stripped her down and she was clean enough inside. All bearings seam ok, but I came across a problem i experienced with an avet before. When the lever drag is increased to near its fullest, it gets difficult to turn. Is this due to binding ? ? as the pinion bearing appears ok ?
Anyone any experience of the reel, i know they were originally very expensive circa £230 and just wondering is it worth replacing a few bearings and maybe doing the drag washers ?
Any info much appreciated

Alto Mare

Hello, I don't know much about that reel but it sounds like you need new drags. Start from there that might do it, don't forget to add a little Cal's grease to the carbon washers.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

It's inherent when you do not have a thrust bearing, and is common with Avets as well.  Just don't over push the amount of drag and you should be fine.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D