Another good way to add eyes to a fly.

Started by gstours, December 05, 2017, 05:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

A quicker and kinda simple more costly way to add lifelike eyes is a skull 💀 or helmet product shown below.  These are available in 3-4 sizes, are clear plastic, and have flat sides with a nice raised edge around the eye 👁 pockets.

gstours

I,m trying to do this without doing photo bucket.  So short segments may work.
    The eyes 👀 can be super glued on and recoated over w clear nail polish 💅.   If you want to you can also paint the head .    Large flys can be tied on size 4/0-6/0 and the skull 💀 slipped over the hook eye,   Or slipped on to a tube fly.....🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️
     These raised plastic eyes are good,   Butt many other ones can be used.    It takes a little planning with the fish skull to finish the color and size to accept the clear head,  butt the fly now has a flat spot to put a flat eye 👁.    Durable and life like! 🐠🚣‍♀️🐳

Benni3

Very cool  ;D your going to kill them with that

Dominick

Now that's giving them the fish eye.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Another fly with the big raised eyes.  And a 🎨 paint eye 👁.   

David Hall

Those are 9.5mm eyes?  I ordered 3mm?  Maybe I better check that and look at some larger ones?

gstours

Dave, and others,  Ive been hard to learn the metric system.  I used to guess,  not even close?    Like guessing the price of a diamond? :-\
       Usually after sticking on the eye if its an adhesive eye, it can be adjusted slightly,  then coat one of a time or both with cleat fingernail polish and that will loc them untill you can coat over again with more or other? after the first coat drys.   Just sayin. :)

David Hall

I'm no good with it either Gary, but the website said to use the 8.5 mm eyes with the #10 heads. So that's what I ordered we will see when they get here.

Jenx