Trip Report - Puerto Vallarta with Alan, Mark T. and Dave Hoffman

Started by Wally15, December 09, 2017, 01:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Quote from: MarkT on December 09, 2017, 04:55:41 PM
Yo no se, amigo. We can certainly find out. It's still long range season out of San Diego.
Heck, let's see about putting together a Spring trip. My preference would be as early in March as possible. But I'm flexible. And cheap and easy too!
You want to get with Danny and see what's available, or should I take the lead? I'm sure we can round up two more fishermen in fairly short order.
Don't throw me in that briar patch!!!
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Wally15

Quote from: MarkT on December 09, 2017, 04:40:15 AM
Scotty said March was looking open. I'm not doing anything in March!
I just got on a last-minute 3 day on the Marla IV leaving NEXT WEEK. I'll talk to Danny and Roberto about March openings.
GA Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

early march is the fred hall show in long beach.   it goes from march 7 to 11.  i would be available after that.   mike, if i can swing it, i will go on the condition that you and your wife take the trip from georgia to visit us here in california.  my wife needs to meet you and the mrs. so that she start placing names to the faces of all these crazy people i fish with!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: Wally15 on December 10, 2017, 03:17:49 PM
I just got on a last-minute 3 day on the Marla IV leaving NEXT WEEK. I'll talk to Danny and Roberto about March openings.
GA Mike

go get 'em!!!!!!

Jim Fujitani

Mike, thanks for your posting about the trip.  You guys really made us feel like we were along on the trip.  

Going again right away?  Can we spell A-D-D-I-C-T-I-O-N???  

And you really need a bigger insulated bag.  Like you, not everyone likes sushi and sashimi.  My wife will only eat breaded California halibut, White Sea Bass, and wahoo.  Our daughter likes fish, but only thoroughly cooked.

Good luck and looking forward to your future Marla postings.

MarkT

Quote from: Wally15 on December 10, 2017, 03:17:49 PM
GA Mike

Way to scratch that itch! Oh, and stay in high until it settles down this time!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on December 10, 2017, 06:25:47 PM
early march is the fred hall show in long beach.   it goes from march 7 to 11.  i would be available after that.   mike, if i can swing it, i will go on the condition that you and your wife take the trip from georgia to visit us here in california.  my wife needs to meet you and the mrs. so that she start placing names to the faces of all these crazy people i fish with!

I'll see what Danny has available the last half of March. Fish hog Mark has already expressed an interest in a March trip. I'll check with the S-I-L and see if he'll be the 4th.
And I've already talked to Anne about a trip to CA to visit you and Joy. Need to work out a timetable. We're already planning a 10 day to the West Country of England (Wilts and Devon) in May to visit the people I worked with back in the late 90's. No fishing involved, but lots of single malt and 6X bitters on the menu.
I didn't realize you'd gone fishing with my wife  ;D
GA Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

was talking to ben at dinner last night.  we've got to get some tequila and salt on the way into town.  you might consider the same.  i think the mega mart will have that.  gotta find squid as well!

Benni3

Quote from: alantani on December 11, 2017, 05:38:20 PM
was talking to ben at dinner last night.  we've got to get some tequila and salt on the way into town.  you might consider the same.  i think the mega mart will have that.  gotta find squid as well!
don't forget lemon or lime it kicks the flavor  ;D and hope you all have a blast!!!

Ling

I would be in for a trip in March.

alantani

Quote from: Lingwrangler on December 11, 2017, 06:37:44 PM

brendan, late march is open, but i'm not sure i can get a hall pass.  if there is room, you definitely should go!

Ling

Quote from: alantani on December 11, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

brendan, late march is open, but i'm not sure i can get a hall pass.  if there is room, you definitely should go!

What can she be bribed with?  How about as much premium mozzarella as she can stand and I cover your flight down and back?  Either way, I'm in!

Wally15

Quote from: Lingwrangler on December 13, 2017, 05:02:53 AM
Quote from: alantani on December 11, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

What can she be bribed with?  How about as much premium mozzarella as she can stand and I cover your flight down and back?  Either way, I'm in!
OK. Unless I hear differently within the next 24 hours, I'm going to call Danny and lock in the 19-23 March charter on the M4. Mark, Brendan, and I will be "definites", and Joy's husband will be a maybe. I'm sure we can scrounge up a 4th if Alan's family commitments keep him home.
I don't want to lose that slot by procrastinating until January. Speak now, or forever......
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

alantani

brendan, want to be my travel buddy for puerto vallarta?  i should be able to get us a 2-for-1 companion flight on alaska airlines.  i already have your passport info to book a flight.