CRACK RELAX 600RS

Started by Alto Mare, December 14, 2017, 02:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

This little reel just arrived, it is brand new in the box

The parts list and reel instructions

The guarantee card. Can't really make it out, I think it says made in 63 and purchased in 76, but not really sure

A quick take apart and put back together.
Didn't read any instructions, it all made sense to me as I moved along.
This is a simple designed reel that should take no more than 5 minutes to take it completely apart and put back...great design!

The  little handle has a cool swivel design

and the reel, back together

Nice little jewel and I'm glad it is now in my possession.
Thanks for looking.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I think you need to change your title to CrAck Addict!!!

Beautiful reel you got there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Midway Tommy

Man, Sal, you are really Crackin' lately.  ;D Nice reel!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Captain64-200

Congrats Sal , that's a fine little reel , brand new from 76 !

I love the box fish  design too.

I think the 15 Jan of 1976  must rather be the date of purchase (the seller filled the wrong blank)

and I read "103"  above ,  I think  it's the model's number .
Fred from Biarritz ,

Alto Mare

Quote from: Captain64-200 on December 14, 2017, 10:48:59 AM
Congrats Sal , that's a fine little reel , brand new from 76 !

I love the box fish  design too.

I think the 15 Jan of 1976  must rather be the date of purchase (the seller filled the wrong blank)

and I read "103"  above ,  I think  it's the model's number .
Thank you Fred, that makes sense.
The N. threw me off, along with the translation.
Identification and fabricacion or fabricazione have two different meaning :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Hi Sal, thanks for cracking that crack for us & sharing, nice reel alright, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

Good & detailed pictures, interesting design. Love that giant drag knob, how they reduced the bail mechanism down to something harder to break or distort and especially the pic. in the instructions with the guys suit sleeves & cuffs. "Vive la difference"!
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

STRIPER LOU

Unusual and very interesting! Thanks for sharing Sal.

..............Lou

happyhooker

Looks like a beauty; with that big main gear, retrieve ratio should be higher than with most older spinning reels.

Where does the "Relax" part come in?  With a reel like that, a fish on the other end means anything but relaxing!

Frank

foakes

Beautiful combo, Sal --

I don't know much about these French Cracks -- but they seem like a good quality reel.

If I run across a parts bin with Crack Parts -- I will send them your way.

Seems like there was an organizer full of a few drawers of these parts -- labeled "Crack" -- but have not run across them yet.

Sold a bunch of Alcedo and Luxor parts maybe 15 years ago to a fellow in Belgium.  Think I kept the Crack parts because I did not know what they were.

If I do, they are yours -- but no guarantees.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

I think it's interesting that they used a nylon sleeve, or bushing, on the pinion. Evidently to reduce noise. Seems like quite a few, especially French, manufacturers used nylon as noise reduction about that time. It eventually progressed to oscillation gearing later in some reels. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Alto Mare

Quote from: foakes on December 14, 2017, 04:12:28 PM
Beautiful combo, Sal --

I don't know much about these French Cracks -- but they seem like a good quality reel.

If I run across a parts bin with Crack Parts -- I will send them your way.

Seems like there was an organizer full of a few drawers of these parts -- labeled "Crack" -- but have not run across them yet.

Sold a bunch of Alcedo and Luxor parts maybe 15 years ago to a fellow in Belgium.  Think I kept the Crack parts because I did not know what they were.

If I do, they are yours -- but no guarantees.

Best,

Fred
You're always there to help out, thank you Fred...you're the best!