Quote from: Benni3 on December 17, 2018, 01:10:02 AM
Great job man,,,and that looks like a killer rig ;D

the fish seem to agree :D

Benni3

Quote from: Three se7ens on December 17, 2018, 01:21:44 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on December 17, 2018, 01:10:02 AM
Great job man,,,and that looks like a killer rig ;D

the fish seem to agree :D
when fishing with my dad,,,,,I use seaguar grand max fx tippet 18.5lb but thay quite selling it knot strength not that good sometimes,,,,but I'm going to try the new  14.5lb dia .010,,,, with that knot,,,thanks ;D

Three se7ens

Got out for a few hours today.  The wind and tide were conspiring to make the fishing tough, but I still managed a few, including a nice 29" redfish.  This big girl put up quite a fight on the light tackle I use. 

Benni3

Love it,,,great job and in a kayak  ;D

Crow

Nice redfish !!  So far this year, only a few whiting, for me.....but I'll get more "serious" about fishing, after the Holidays.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

Wow!  Nice one Adam.
-steve

Alto Mare

Nice fish Adam!... Now get back on the machining and make us some parts :)
I'm glad you're getting out there.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Been using a new soft plastic swim bait the past week or so, and Im beyond impressed.  Its caught my personal best redfish and seatrout, and only a week apart.  Yum pulse paddle tails are apparently fantastic saltwater baits.  That last big red, and the big trout here(caught yesterday) are testament to big fish liking it. 

Yesterdays trip started with a heavy fog, maybe 30-50' above the water.  Fishing was fantastic, the trout were eager and willing, and even coaxed a big one into taking my lure.  The fog started settling, and was thick as soup by the time fishing is normally the best.   The wind started kicking up chop around the time, and I decided under 100 foot visibility and a building chop wasnt a good time to be on the water in a kayak.  Started heading back, and didnt realize just how disorienting fog that thick can be.  Took me a few minutes to recognize the spot I usually turn to cross the main channel.  Very glad to have GPS for that, because half a mile of open water really sucks when you can only see a hundred feet or so.  I was almost on the opposite shore before I could really tell where I was.  I made it back fine, but certainly a lesson in things not always being as easy as they usually are.  I know that area well, and fish it regularly.  But without the usual visual cues, it seemed almost alien. 

Crow

That's a nice speck !! And the fog WAS thick ! I spent a couple hors on the beach, but didn't do any good, at all.....maybe today will be better!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Three se7ens

Took a chance on less than ideal tides, this afternoon, expecting to be out well past dark with temps dropping into the mid 40's.  The slack tide seemed to come quite early, and just linger.  But by that time, my buddy and I had already caught a few fish, and ended up calling it done not too long after the forecast low tide.  Generally, the best fishing in this area is 2 hours before and after low tide, but this evenings low tide was significantly negative, which left many of the usual spots completely out of the water.  I landed two pretty nice reds, 25" and 26", and a few trout.  My buddy landed a trout, and two reds, one of which was tagged(quite possibly by himself).  Couldn't have been much better of a day on the water there though.  Smooth as glass, and that's quite rare there. 

oc1

Three se7ens

Quote from: oc1 on January 27, 2019, 05:33:55 AM
You're good.
-steve

It helps when you get to practice with professionals.  I have a couple of friends who are guides, and words just cannot describe the gratitude I have for what I have learned from them in the past year.  This area is a tough place to fish, esp artificials, and there arent a lot of people who are consistently successful year round.  But the fish are pretty reliable if you figure out the basics.  This area has paid off for me with more consistency than anywhere else I have ever fished. 

Shark Hunter

Good for you Adam.
Thanks for taking us along. ;)
Life is Good!

Crow

Nice report.....and nice fish, too !!

Reel 224

Adam your kicking reds @#$ good show

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."