Strangest Place You've Found a Spring

Started by grekim, December 22, 2017, 09:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Quote from: grekim on December 22, 2017, 09:49:16 PM
I got a 66 in today.  I carefully eased the bridge out and there's no dog spring.  I look around the bench, in the folds of my shirt...no spring.  After I pull everything apart, I was about to degunk the inside of the handle side bearing and something metallic caught my eye.  It's the dog spring, of course, and it must have been there for awhile because it was overly compressed.  I imagine someone thought it belonged in there, because I can't think of an easy way for it to get there with a spool in place.   Not sure if it is salvagable.  Any stories?

You could use a tiny coil spring in the bushing to eliminate spool side play and mabey make it more adjustable...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dominick

Mystery solved.  Gfish did it.   :D ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

tholmes

Quote from: mo65 on December 23, 2017, 01:31:54 PM
   I crawled around on the floor once looking everywhere...only to find it in my
beard!  8)

I've done exactly the same thing!  ;D  Looked all over for it, replaced the spring with a spare.  When I went in the house, my wife said "You've got something in your beard". Sure enough, there was the spring.
I've found them in shirt pockets too.

Tom

Mjg378

Looked all over the floor.  Had the flashlight out.  Called my boys to help but no luck.  My wife walked in, immediately spotted a smudge  up on the window, there it was.  
MikeG

Bryan Young

I've lost many springs in the carpet of my home.  Many times I will find them after I put in a new spring into the reel...in front of my face or hanging on something nearby.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D