WIDE TIBURON 14/0 and 16/0 SENATOR FRAME AND SPOOL KITS?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 23, 2017, 08:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

I don't want to be the one keeping this from happening so put me in for a silver frame and silver spool.
I don't have anything for a 14/0 reel except a lonely SS CC sleeve sitting on a shelf.

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Army_of_One on January 22, 2018, 04:53:01 PM
Can we call this one "The Kraken"?  ;D

Robin, I was planning to keep it simple and just call it "20/0", but you can call yours anything that you like! 

I am planning to make a trip to Tiburon in the next two weeks, and am bringing them a 16/0 Senator so that they can work out the engineering and come up with a cost for 25 sets.  Hopefully they will be able to produce the kit at a price that we can afford.   I would expect to have the information mid-February.  I will let everyone know as soon as I hear anything.

mikeysm

Well I am building a reel no matter what happens. I just traded for a ss gears and bought a ss sleeve. Let see what I have to trade someone would want for the rest of the parts I need.

handi2

Ill take 2 if it will bring it closer to happening.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

broadway

If the price isn't in the stratosphere count me in... I might have to get it for Jack to go with his 20/0 Everol (Thanks Daron). ;)
Dom

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I am shipping a 16/0 to Tiburon today to get the ball rolling.  I am chomping at the bit to make this happen.  Hopefully we will have a cost estimate within the next two weeks.  Stay tuned...

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Tiburon has completed their engineering of the 6" wide 20/0 kits for the 14/0 and 16/0 Senators and I am going to meet with them this Wednesday, February 7.  I will post a status report late this week.

Thanks,

Randy

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

mikeysm

Looks like its going to be a reality a 20/0 kit. I have been searching for parts. Im setting good now.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike, it's not a done deal yet, so please don't invest any more money in the project until we know for sure that it's a go.

mikeysm

Randy don't worry I was going to build a Penn 118 no matter what happens. It was already on my to do list for reels.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I have set up a meeting with Tiburon for March 12 at which time we will either get it going or get off of the pot.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Thank you for your patience,

Randy

Shark Hunter

If anyone can make something like this Happen. It is you Randy. ;)
I am keeping the Faith. 8)
Life is Good!