Adjustable Mag Kits - Updated 3/28/18

Started by xjchad, December 28, 2017, 09:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Hey guys,
I'm hoping to have my Adjustable Mag Kits available soon!
I'm tweaking a few things to make them more easily installed and work as well as possible.
All parts will be stainless steel aside from the magnet and knob. The knob is anodized aluminum.  
I don't have the price nailed down yet as I'm waiting to get a quote on one more machined piece.
As soon as I have pricing available I'll update this.
Thank you all for your interest and advice in getting this off the ground!  :)

Ok, so here is the latest info for anyone not wanting to read the rest of the thread.
The kits are ready to sell at $30 + shipping or $55 installed if you send me your reel.
I'm just ramping up on this and the first small production batch is in the works.
Sal's install on his Surfmaster can be seen here: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24662.0
Here are pics of the finished kit.

I'm also attaching a PDF of the installation instructions in case anyone want's to check it out before hand.  
Always feel free to send the reel to me if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

sdlehr

Did I miss more info about these mag kits somewhere else?
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

xjchad

Quote from: sdlehr on December 28, 2017, 10:03:21 PM
Did I miss more info about these mag kits somewhere else?

Hi Sid,
The info is in this thread: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=23555.0

farmer56

farmer 56 here..  looks  like i might  need   this also  ....  two  to  four kits  ...   why  in the world  did i ever find  this  site...now  i need stuff  i  never knew  i  needed    ... farmer  out

xjchad

Update:
Hey guys, thank you for all the interest!
Unfortunately, it's going to take a bit longer than I hoped.  All the kids and my wife have been passing around a nasty stomach flu this week pretty much eliminating any extra time I had to put into it.
I also just talked to my machinist and he is sick as well. 
Hopefully I'll have some of the new versions ready to go soon, but in the mean time, I can make the first version like what"s on my 155.
I can also install them if you'd like to send me your reel.

bhale1

Chad,
Ditto what I said on the spacer bar post. Let us know when you are ready😀
Brett

xjchad

Got my first article from the machinist.  Doing a test fit asap and probably a couple changes before a production run.  Couple other parts in the works also.

xjchad

Ok guys, I'm sorry this is taking forever, but I am making progress! 
Been a little preoccupied by fires, floods, and on the possotive side, our new daughter  ;D
Hope to have the first kits out next week!

xjchad

The Adjustable Mag Kits are now ready to sell.  The price is $30 + shipping or $55 installed (send me your reel).
All parts are stainless steel or aluminum (except the magnet of course).
I'm building small quantities to start with to keep my overhead down until I can see how they will sell.
Those of you who've already messaged me about them will be first in line.  I'll be PMing you to confirm.
Much thanks to Sal and his install thread here: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24662.0

Ron Jones

Not my cup of tea, but looks like a complete kit. Good luck to you and I can't wait to see pictures of customers reels.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Swami805

Chad if you have one that's not spoken for sign me up
Thanks Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

Who's ready to step up and do a Chad kit on a Cortez Squidder? Above my paygrade but bee's knees.

farmer56

farmer 56  here...  well i  have  two  tail plates  on  the  way.....  one  penn 180  one 155....  only  qustion  i  have  is  how  interchangable  will  they  be  between  reels  penn   100   180   155  160   ......

swill88

Chad, thanks for doing this and please put me on the list.

I'm ready. Steve

thorhammer

Quote from: farmer56 on March 13, 2018, 03:45:01 AM
farmer 56  here...  well i  have  two  tail plates  on  the  way.....  one  penn 180  one 155....  only  qustion  i  have  is  how  interchangable  will  they  be  between  reels  penn   100   180   155  160   ......

That tail plate will fit all those. You'll just have to magnet on each spool.