Hex Clickers

Started by Swami805, December 30, 2017, 04:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

Quote from: milne on November 02, 2021, 03:04:07 AM
Interesting...
I have a hex clicker on a Seagate,,
But I also have the Hex Clicker on a Long Beach LS, again, there packed away, from memory it may be the 60LS and again from memory, it has the rosewood type handle....

Col

PS  Chris, that 4/0 is a Ripper !!!  I have a 1st Gen 4/0 with the waffle clicker  but definitely on the look now for one with a hex clicker, way cool....

1badf350

Thanks Col! Thanks everyone!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Penn Chronology

QuoteWhat is especially interesting about the Senators is that all these Senators, like your 4/0's, are 2nd Gen reels - and all still have drilled spools, and that thicker brass plate used on the drag stars, and handle blades

This is one of those events that makes collecting early Penn reels so interesting. The rule of thumb most collectors use is the catalog. Those publications give collectors a flow of information that we expect to be dependable, not always the case though. In the case of early first and second generations Senators, the catalogs are actually misleading. I assume that happened because of the interruption of WW II.