alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Open Seats Live Bait Albacore Aug 23,24,25 2018
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 14, 2019, 11:37:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Seats Live Bait Albacore Aug 23,24,25 2018  (Read 7345 times)
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2018, 05:40:12 AM »

I have to drive through Portland on the way up, is anyone flying in and in need of a ride?   

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Webmaster

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2018, 09:38:57 AM »

Just a heads up for those going on this charter.... The charter office is telling people the boat bait rods are strung with spectra when in actuality our charter(Tornado) uses straight 30# izorline mono on all rods. If you show up with spectra on your reel you won't be fishing it on this trip.

So if you are bringing reels you plan on using, please spool them up with 30# mono.

Thanks, Ted

P.S. 2 weeks from today is the day of planned carnage.....hope everyone is getting excited !!

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
whalebreath

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »

That's interesting Izorline is what I bought for the trip.
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2018, 04:03:15 AM »

So if you are bringing reels you plan on using, please spool them up with 30# mono.

I really do not want to re-spool a few reels but that's the way it goes, having a line winder will make it go quickly.  My choices locally are Berkley Big Game and Berkley Big Game.   I still have trouble believing there is reluctance to go with spectra and short topshots, especially when using anchovies.

I have to drive through Portland on the way up, is anyone flying in and in need of a ride?  

My travel plans have changed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:18:57 AM by Keta » Logged

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Webmaster

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2018, 02:31:45 PM »

I use Berkeley big game also and that's what'll be on my reel

Hardy Boy
Firearms Group

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2018, 07:23:59 AM »

TLD 15 is locked and loaded with fresh 30 lb !!

Cheers:

Todd

Todd
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Webmaster

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »

Just one week to go

Don't forget blanket/pillow for your bunk....food and beverage (beer ok, but no hard booze allowed)...small cooler is ok

They would like everyone onboard by 6pm Thursday evening. Everyone will need a fish food 3-day license and that can be bought in westport. Plenty good places to eat right at the marina, so get there early and take in the town....I'll be doing the same

Ted

Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2018, 07:55:13 AM »

I start the trek north this afternoon and will spend tonight with Islandgypsy in La Pine, OR, about 2 hours north of KF.  Then up early on Thursday for the 7 or so hour drive to Westport.  The ocean prediction could be better but not as bad as it could be on the NE Pacific.  At lest we don't have to cross the Columbia River bar.  I have also heard the albacore have moved closer to shore.

If I have the time I plan on putting some 30# mono  Angry on my Seaboy 190W and see if albacore can break the reel.  The Seaker rod it's going on is worth about 10 times what the Seaboy is worth, even a "rare" 190W.

Mark Twain
swill88
Photo Group

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2018, 08:04:27 AM »

If I have the time I plan on putting some 30# mono  Angry on my Seaboy 190W and see if albacore can break the reel.  The Seaker rod it's going on is worth about 10 times what the Seaboy is worth, even a "rare" 190W.

Like to see a picture of that Seaboy on a Seeker Lee!

steve

Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2018, 08:07:25 AM »

Like to see a picture of that Seaboy on a Seeker Lee!
steve

Will do.

Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: