Started by Bryan Young, January 04, 2018, 12:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Hello AT Ohana,

2 - Jigmaster
4 - 113H
6 - Newell 200/300/400
7 - Newell 500

We're just stolen from our mail carrier's truck yeasterday. If you see anyone selling my kits on FaceBook, Craigslist, or eBay, please let me know. I want to catch the thief.

Thank you for your help.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tiddlerbasher

Bryan I doubt thay knew what they were stealing, how the hell would they know what or how to sell them :-\
One of life's upfxxxs
I've had a few - blank it - move on >:(

David Hall

Not to make light but that is a drag Bryan :o

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on January 04, 2018, 12:41:37 AM
Bryan I doubt thay knew what they were stealing, how the hell would they know what or how to sell them :-\

I believe he knew exactly what he was steeling. I doubt they'll show up for sale, he will probably be using those  for his personal use.

Sorry Bri-Bri.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Sorry Bryan,I hate thieves. I'll keep an eye out
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Stolen from your porch is one thing, but stolen off the truck should never happen.....that sucks !!

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

RowdyW

If he's caught it's a Federal rap & no parole. I bet the thief thought the envelopes contained cash. SUPRISE! What's this?

Bryan Young

I recently learned that if the monetary value of the stollen good is less than $3k, they will not do a darn thing. Anything less than that is strictly handled by the local peace officers/department.

I'm sure they didn't know what they have but they stole bins of mail. Luckily mine was already delivered. But, if they were a little bit smart, they would open up all the mail, and goods, they would try to sell if they could.

Yes, it's a drag.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

farmer56

farmer 56 here...  i believe  there  is a special place  in hell  for the  misguided  non-person  ....  those kits could  be  on there  way  to  a  grandpa  or  dad  to revive history  to teach  the younger  gen.  maintenance  ,  while  reliving  and sharing the past....sorry to preach but  its a sad  deal....  farmer out

FatTuna

Does that value apply though when dealing with the mail? Not sure if this is true but I was always under the impression that tampering with the mail was a federal offense.

My guess is someone just stole them without realizing what they were. Hopefully there is some karma coming his way.

Does USPS provide insurance in the case of theft? I know that all priority mail comes with $50 of insurance per package. You might be able to file a claim if you sent it priority.

mrwilson99

Sorry to hear that Bryan! If they don't know, they will probably chuck them. I hope whoever stole them pops up!
David

Shark Hunter

I'll keep an eye out Bryan.
There seems to be a lot of stealing out there.
First the Kit from Tom, Now this?
I'm sorry Bro.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Thanks to the voters that voted for Prop 57, it's considered a non-violent crime and although it was meant for early release for non-violent offenders, it turns out that they will not even bother taking someone to jail...just issue a citation.  Most crooks wouldn't care less how many citations they got.

I always though it was a federal offense to tamper with mail as well.  Well, they must have also been lenient because they are not really going after the crooks.

Now, breaking into a mail truck, that is a whole different matter.  that is a federal offense, and all mail trucks have video, so I'm sure they got the crooks on camera.  Now how to catch them...

I'm also worried about the folks getting their SS, retirement,...checks and stuff.  We have a bunch of retired folks living around me...it'll suck if they have to go without money until they can get replacement checks issued to them.

FatTuna

That's messed up........

I have a friend that got scammed online. The scammer got his credit card and ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff off Walmart directly to his own address! He called Walmart and they claimed they couldn't provide him with personal info because it was a "privacy issue"..... Eventually he complained and complained and got the person's address. He then contacted the local police and provided them with evidence. They proceeded to do nothing! Even after the funds were reversed and he had the paperwork from Walmart.

Gobi King

I would not rush into blaming thieves.
Here is my story:
I had a Sunday 5 pm flight off to Gulfport, MS via ATL.

I was rushing to get grandma situated before I left, took out the recycle, put away the hoses, mowed the back lawn. It was very windy that Sunday, 50 mph gusts.
I do a hard stop at an hour before my flight, even with my TSA pre-check it is tight sometimes.
Anyway, I jump on in my car and I notice a USPS mail basket/tub on the sidewalk with a couple of large foam envelopes in it. I put the car back in park run across the road and pick it up, run up to my front door and give it to grandma and then call the police non-emergency line and tell them about finding usps packages. The police in my little town are very nice and said they will come and pick it up.
FYI: the usps courier was at my address around non delivering amazon packages that day.

So, the drag washer packages being light and probably in envelopes, could have been taken by the wind gods ;-)
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan