Gear and Tackle Needed

Started by Bryan Young, January 06, 2018, 10:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

grab one of mine, but i don't think you'll find much use for it. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Swami805

If anyone is coming south on the 101 and wants to borrow a 10' jig stick holler, Ulua,540,F100,100J mag. The ridge is usually a good place for skip jig fishing on those school size tuna. Real visual fishing watching the tuna blow up on a jig as it skip across the surface. You'll take a whoppin on the long rod but it's a fun whoppin. You can cut the hook off if you just want a show. I'm in Santa Barbara if you're passing thru.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

swill88

Porthos

Quote from: Ron Jones on October 01, 2018, 12:02:27 AM
I'd like to fish my Mitchel 499, does anyone have a heave spinning rod I can use?
Ron

I will have at least 3 "heavy" spin rods.

Ratings:

• 30-50
  • 50-100 (braid)
  • 55-120 (braid)

40 lb should be handled fine.

Wally15

Quote from: Porthos on October 01, 2018, 02:09:57 AM
Quote from: Ron Jones on October 01, 2018, 12:02:27 AM
I'd like to fish my Mitchel 499, does anyone have a heave spinning rod I can use?
Ron

I will have at least 3 "heavy" spin rods.

Ratings:

• 30-50
  • 50-100 (braid)
  • 55-120 (braid)

40 lb should be handled fine.
I'm bringing my Cabo 100 (100 braid, 80 topshot). I'd like to put it on one of your heavy rods. We both can try it out.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Porthos

Quote from: Wally15 on October 01, 2018, 08:34:47 AM
I'm bringing my Cabo 100 (100 braid, 80 topshot). I'd like to put it on one of your heavy rods. We both can try it out.
Mike

Done deal. The 55-120 Daiwa should be the ticket...

natch!

Quote from: R46chevy on September 29, 2018, 09:45:55 PM
I think we all bring 2, 40 spinner and 80 bait. Back up rod being a zebec 303

OK,  craigslisted away everything but my Centaur/VSIX and heaviest spinning set up. Just waiting for Amazon to deliver my new 303 rig. What kind of line are you guys spooling on the Zebcos? Should I just keep the original stuff on to maintain the balance?

Jack

Keta

My reels are spooled with JB Line 1 (I sell it) and Power Pro "Depth Hunter" with 10'-20' Fluro topshots.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Porthos

With all my "heavy" spin rods included on the go-list, I still have a 12-25 Daiwa Coastal "Heavy" spin rod that I can also bring along if someone was wanting to bring a spinning reel but not wanting to fly their own spin rod. Given the action, it feels to me the Coastal can do 25 and possibly 30 in a pinch.

Bringing up the possibility of having lighter gear (below 40lb) since a buddy just came off of the Searcher (9/23-9/30) and the Jackpot fish were 46, 40.8, and 37 lbs YFT...  ::)

Let me know by 10/8.

Keta

Quote from: Porthos on October 02, 2018, 04:02:58 PMBringing up the possibility of having lighter gear

And I just got my rods down to 7  ;D.   
I'm heavy on 30# so I can leave 1 of them and replace it with a 25#.  I am having trouble leaving my most likely unneeded 80# roller rod and Avet 30 reel.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

You can bring more if you want.  Just leave the jig sticks up on the bow.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Quote from: alantani on October 02, 2018, 06:21:50 PM
You can bring more if you want.  Just leave the jig sticks up on the bow.

I still would like to only bring 6 but so far in my life it has been impossible.

Mark Twain

Mjg378

If you could bring the 12-25 Daiwa Coastal "Heavy" spin rod,  I might have room to bring a Penn Battle 4000.  I have it spooled with 30 lb braid. 
See you guys SOON!

mike

Porthos

Quote from: Mjg378 on October 02, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
If you could bring the 12-25 Daiwa Coastal "Heavy" spin rod,  I might have room to bring a Penn Battle 4000.  I have it spooled with 30 lb braid. 
See you guys SOON!

mike

Good as done.

Mjg378

Thanks!

After checking out my penn battle, a little maintenance is needed that I won't be able to finish before we leave.  Looks like I'll be leaving it my workshop.  Thank you very much for the offer to use the rod though!
Mike