Panama mothership at PSFL on May 9 - 13 2018

Started by ksong, January 09, 2018, 09:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

We need a few anglers to fish  on a mothership in Panama.
I fished 5 times in Panama before I fished on a mothership. This is my third year on the mother ship trip.
I wouldn't go panama without the mothership. :) It is so convenient and rest relaxed on a luxurious and roomy mothership after fishing.
Due to cancellation, I have a few opening. The dates are from May 9 to May 13.
You arrive at the lodge on May 8 and leave the lodge on May 14.
Let me know if any angler is interested in the trip. We fish on two boat with 3 - 4 anglers on each boat.

David Hall

ksong

Quote from: David Hall on January 09, 2018, 09:50:52 PM
What species are targeted on this trip?
mostly yellowfin tuna.  We might do rooster/cubera  popping after fishing tuna near Coiba Island.

fordfox

Bryan Young

OMG. I've always wanted to do that but it'll have to be on my when my kids are out of the house bucket list.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Hardy Boy

I would be interested to know the price we are looking at also.

Todd
Todd

ksong

The cost of the trip is $2750 based on 4 angler on a boat and $3650 based on 3 anglers on a boat. So total fishermen on this trip is 6 - 8 guys. I am extra as a cameraman.
It is very good price for fishing 5 days on a mothership.
You arrive at David on May 8 by noon and they pick us up to the main lodge.
We fish on May 9 and stay on the mothership after fishing.
The mothership is very comfortable and roomy.
The rate includes everything including hard drinks. The only extra is tip and airfare.

It takes only 30 minutes to Hannibal Bank and nearby spots. Popping works great for yft at this time of year. But we will use live bait too for big tuna.

ksong, Yesterday at 5:35 PM
Edit

ksong

All spot on the boat with 4 anglers are taken depending on deposit payment.
We still have one spot open for a boat with 3 anglers.

alantani

wow!  it looks like a non-stop flight from san francisco to panama city is only $600! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

That is definitely a dream/bucket list trip.  Can't wait to see the report.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ksong

Quote from: alantani on January 11, 2018, 10:38:02 PM
wow!  it looks like a non-stop flight from san francisco to panama city is only $600! 
Join this trip. One spot is left. :)

alantani

not sure i can pull this one off.  is this a trip where you have to reel like a madman all day, or can i kick back and just soak a bait?   ;D

ksong

Quote from: alantani on January 12, 2018, 04:06:17 AM
not sure i can pull this one off.  is this a trip where you have to reel like a madman all day, or can i kick back and just soak a bait?   ;D
We chase tuna on poppers and use live bait.  We usually get bigger one on live bait.
Unlike the PV trip, we fish Hannibal Banks and surrounding areas which is only 30 minutes run from the mothership.
As you see in the picture we use relatively light tackle for tuna in Panama.

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on January 11, 2018, 10:38:02 PM
I think you need to fly into David (Enrique Malek airport), which is another plane change at PC. No good or cheap flights from Jax or ATL (2-3 stops, 24+hours travel time).
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

crud.  knew it couldn't be that easy.  yeah, the first stop is in panama city, then a really short layover and a short hop to david.  the flight is still only $750 and 12 hours.  i'm sure that luggage would be extra if you want to bring fish back.  it's good to have looked, though.  i have a friend in panama city and may head down there someday to fish.  he has big tuna in his area as well.  someday.....

yeah, gonna have to pass on this one.  ping me in couple of months if you are still not filled, but i don't think i can pull this one off.  have a great trip!  alan