Is this modification still structurally sound?

Started by Smols, January 12, 2018, 08:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Smols if you pull the trigger I recco you take off the frame and clean the cuts up a bit with Emory cloth and paint it ya seal against corrosion. Black would accent handle. Gold metallic usually comes out crappy. 

John

Swami805

I have a 16 with a baker topless frame, a buddy has one cut like that. about the same amount of metal just not as pretty. That top bar is a PIA, don't know why they built them that way to begin with.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mrwilson99

I second Makaira reels! Buy once and cry once and at $350, you are  not far from buying one! I have seen them go for $450-600. Just keep your eyes peeled on the bloodydeck forum and you will come up with one.
David

MarkT

Quote from: Swami805 on January 14, 2018, 03:50:15 AM
I have a 16 with a baker topless frame, a buddy has one cut like that. about the same amount of metal just not as pretty. That top bar is a PIA, don't know why they built them that way to begin with.
Tiagras are heavy trolling reels. If you want something from Shimano for live bait get a Talica.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

oc1

I though the cross piece on the frame was so you would not warp it when pulling with a harness.  The drag puts axial pressure on the frame but a harness also puts some lateral pressure pulling the lugs outward.
-steve