Shimano TLD-20II vs. the 20A

Started by wcarah, July 06, 2011, 04:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcarah

Can anyone explain the main improvements of the Shimano TLD-20IIA over its predesessor?  I understand that under some high drag loads the older TLD-20II model sometimes came apart.  Has the frame been strengthened on the "A" model?  What is the maximum drag load that experienced users have used safely? The factory recomendation is ten pounds with 30# line.  Any comments would be welcome.  I am trying to decide which model to purchase as the older model is still available new at many outlets at redueced price.

Thanks,

Warren

alantani

it has a little more chrome, but the main feature is a stronger frame.  they used the same mold, though.  i have no reason to doubt shimano's claim that the frame is stronger, but i have no independant way to verify it, either. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wcarah

Thanks for the input!  Its not like I'm going after gorilla fish--mainly stripers and medium bottom fish--but you never know when you may hook-up with something not on the menu.  I've resisted graphite framed reels for some time, but the weight reduction has become very appealing to these older bones.  Jigging my Penn 30TW wears me out and its clear that I need more user-friendly equipment these days.

WBC