Does anyone near Houston want to go fishing for tuna ??

Started by Carl L, January 22, 2018, 01:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl L

This is the New Buccaneer catamaran party boat. It is owned by williams party boats out of galveston. I've been on the cavalier  (its smaller sister-ship), for a 4 hour bay trip and really enjoyed it.($40). The buccaneer has 12 hr "deap sea" trips for $90, and 30hr (80miles out-oil rigs-tuna-etc. For $350. The 30hr is limited to 40 people with their own cots for naps. Food, a/c cabin etc. etc.    Question is, anyone want to go with me in February or March? Looking for a fishin' buddy as one of mine only does freshwater, and the other wants to only fish off piers/jetties in the salt. Look forward to hearing from you, let's get together and catch a tuna!! 
    I never have, that's why i've been building/buying senators,rods (heck, I've kinda gone overboard hehe..) Please p.m. if interested..    Carl

Bill B

Brother wish I was in Texas I'd join you.....but time to get a new fishing buddy if he wouldn't do a boat trip  ;).....hey when a buddy says "Time to Roll" you jump and ask questions later  8).....Good luck and Tight Lines ......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

day0ne

A couple of corrections. First off, no way is the New Buccaneer owned by Williams Party boats. It's owned by Galveston Party Boats, a competitor of Williams. Williams is down the dock and their boat are the Capt John and the Texsun II. Second, the floaters (floating oil rigs)  start at about 105 mi  out and get farther after that. BTW, the New Buccaneer is one of my favorite boats. I've been fishing it since it was new, back in 1974.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Carl L

My mistake.. correct. Galveston party boats.. like i said, i've only been once on a 4hr on the cavalier. Im going off their website which says 8o miles out. So is that a yes or a no on the topic question ? 

day0ne

I'm unsure when I'll be down next, as I live in the DFW area. Feb and March are tough months for offshore because of the weather. In fact, last year I had 5 tuna trips called because of weather. Never made it out. You need to get one of your buddies to try a 12 hour trip. It's good practice. Jumping straight on to a 30+ hour trip can be tough.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

esgeo

This thread just got brought to my attention.  I'll be on the Feb. 25-26th trip (sat-sun) and will post a report as requested by the boss! Shoot me a PM Carl if you are interested in going on this trip. I was #30 to sign up last week. Cheers, Eric