alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Super 270-Swapping from right hand to left hand retrieve
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
June 25, 2019, 11:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super 270-Swapping from right hand to left hand retrieve  (Read 284 times)
festus
Photo Group

« on: August 08, 2018, 09:02:22 PM »

I got my first Super 270 today.  It came with the handle on the right side, which, of course is for left handed fishermen.

It's been disassembled, cleaned, and left to dry.  Tomorrow l'll put it back together.

Looking at the schematic, there is no extra slide, some call it crosswind block, to convert the handle to the other side.

So I'm ok, right, I need no other part?

* Capture.JPG (37.97 KB, 737x599 - viewed 33 times.)
mo65
The Freshwater Kid...Chillicothe, Ohio
Sensei

"This ship is filthy Mr. Christian!"

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 09:18:02 PM »

I'm not sure about the 270, but my Microlite 265 had the handle on the right when I got it, and it was just a simple side swap, no slide change. Cool

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

festus
Photo Group

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »

Thanks Mike.  This is the first 270 I've ever seen.  Very seriously doubt very many were sold in East Tennessee.  I've never seen the Microlite 265, only pics, and it appears to be similar internally to a 270,only smaller.

I like these metal spools and drag washer setup.
oldmanjoe

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 04:50:25 AM »

Smiley  Nothing to change but the handle from one side to the other .  Yep it`s a lot of reel.....         joe

Grandpa`s word of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: