cedros sportfishing - date changed to september 3-7, 2018

Started by alantani, January 27, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

June is my most critical work month of the year amd with the family trip to the UK next September I'm gonna have to pass but I'll be watching and following you all the whole way.

alantani

white sea bass are called "ghosts" for a good reason.  you don't find them, they find you.  i  caught one casting a laser minnow on a spinner a couple of years ago.  got a grouper as well.  yellow tail will be the main target.  calicos are for fun, and they are lots of fun!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wally15

I'm at the "looking at flights" stage of my trip planning for 9-13 June. I can get a redeye out of ATL on the 9th landing in SAN at 9:37 AM. OR -  I can fly in on the 8th and overnight at the Vagabond.
I talked to Rosie Flowers (yep, that's her name) and she can pick us up at the Vagabond or the airport and take us to CBX. Both are on her way to CBX.
What's everybody else doing?
I'm thinking a 9:37 arrival at SAN might be too late in the day to get to Cedros at a decent time.
I don't have a problem coming in early enough on the 8th to have dinner at Miguels and a tequila or 3 for a nightcap.
The plane is a Cessna 208 Grand Caravan. A single engine turboprop that's basically a flying pickup truck. Nice plane.
Mike

Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Hardy Boy

I', looking at coming in on the 8 th and stay overnight. Maybe a small party is in order if we stay at the same hotel, which would be ideal. I'll bring the smoked salmon !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

ldoret94

Mike the Cedros Sportfishing website has a 0800 arrival time on the 9th.  Suspect that is the time we need to arrive at CBX. Haven't decided if I'll come down the night before or not but thats the way I'm leaning.

scrinch

I'll probably drive down and spend the night at my brother's house in Temecula the night before.

Hardy Boy

That would be handy to get picked up at the Vagabond especially since I have no idea where anything is. Plus it would be good to have a get together the night before to get off on the right foot ! :D

Todd
Todd

Cedros Sportfishing

Hey guys...

Just checking in again.  Sounds like a lot of interest here.

To answer a couple questions... June is really great for Calico Bass and Sheephead...and the yellowtail should be starting to move in.

I usually like to have the anglers meet at the CBX at 8:00am.  That way I can get you over to our concierge, Michel, (and the porters who help you with your gear and luggage) and it gives you enough time to stop at the Starbucks or to grab a goodie in the Tijuana International Airport. 

Shoot me a quick email and I will send you the Booking information needed.     rosie@cedrossportfishing.com

Please remember to pack light! 3 rod 'n reel set ups is all you need. Check out our website at www.cedrossportfishing.com and check out the "GEAR" section...that should dial you in pretty well.  I travel down there with about 34 total pounds.  That way, I can bring back a fish!

If you have any questions....shoot them my way!

Cheers!

Rosie Flowers (yes, really)

steelfish

Rosy,

I live in San Felipe, BC and with the new highway from San Felipe MX5 to connect with Mx1 in "laguna Chapala" which is about to be finished this year (hopefully), Guerrero Negro will be only 6hrs away from me (currently is almost 11 hrs), so, I have plans to visit that place often since I have relatives there, so, you're saying in June YT is starting to move in, now, whats the best time to go after YT in Cedros?

The Baja Guy

alantani

our spirit of adventure charter was in mid june and the target was yellowtail at cedros, so they will be around.  i do know that it can slow down, but yellowtail are still there.  i just need to make sure that rosie understands that they will be our main target. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

These silly boys forgot their manners..,.

Welcome Rosie 😁😎 and thanks for the quick response.
Best
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Keta

Quote from: theswimmer on February 03, 2018, 03:41:39 AM

Best
Jonathan

Not all of us.... ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

theswimmer

Quote from: Keta on February 03, 2018, 03:46:29 AM
Quote from: theswimmer on February 03, 2018, 03:41:39 AM

Best
Jonathan

Not all of us.... ;D

True that  K.

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

SoCalAngler

The water is still a bit warmer on the Pacific side as of now as far as I can see. Not that is a bad thing as that can push out the smaller YT for larger models or maybe give you guys a shot at some tuna and or dorado. The bass will be there, big fat lumpy checkerboards. Awesome fun on lighter gear up to say 25-30 lb test.

I would fully do a trip like this if I wasn't lucky enough to catch fish like this where I live (once in a while). Every few years the fishing local to me gets just as good for a way shorter time and in much more limited area with a way longer run to those grounds. When I say local I mean a 50 mile boat ride one way. That type of run will not going to happen on a panga trust me, so to have those bass and other critters so close is just a sweet deal.

Good luck and please show some pics, especially of the larger models of the calico's you release. Keep a trophy for sure, I see nothing wrong with that, but remember the largest calico bass are female, the largest egg layers and really don't taste all that great. IMO kind of a muddy or earthy taste to those. Larger checkerboards are the fish we should keep in the gene pool so they can spawn fatties just like themselves.

MarkT

I think my best Calico at Cedros was 6.5#. I caught much bigger at the 'Lupe last year! I caught 26 YT from a panga in one day 4 years ago in August.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!