cedros sportfishing - date changed to september 3-7, 2018

Started by alantani, January 27, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Both times I was there with COA, you had the same Panga each day.  You tipped the Panguero and the housekeeping staff/cooks at the end of trip all at once.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Cedros Sportfishing

Quote from: steelfish on February 02, 2018, 09:15:11 PM
Rosy,

I live in San Felipe, BC and with the new highway from San Felipe MX5 to connect with Mx1 in "laguna Chapala" which is about to be finished this year (hopefully), Guerrero Negro will be only 6hrs away from me (currently is almost 11 hrs), so, I have plans to visit that place often since I have relatives there, so, you're saying in June YT is starting to move in, now, whats the best time to go after YT in Cedros?

July through November....

Cedros Sportfishing

Quote from: MarkT on February 06, 2018, 03:13:41 AM
Both times I was there with COA, you had the same Panga each day.  You tipped the Panguero and the housekeeping staff/cooks at the end of trip all at once.

Hey Guys...

At Cedros Sportfishing, please give your gratuity to your Panguero on a daily basis.  The crew at the lodge will give you envelopes on the last evening for their gratuity.

Thanks so much!

Rosie

MarkT

That works. What's the suggested amount per day so I can have the right denominations?

alantani

i think we'll be good if we bring about $400 worth of $20's!  don't forget the alcohol tab!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

scrinch

i'm in.  Oh, man, I'm not usually much of a drinker. I can feel the tequila hangover from here!

Keta

Quote from: scrinch on February 06, 2018, 07:02:22 AM
i'm in.  Oh, man, I'm not usually much of a drinker. I can feel the tequila hangover from here!

Start early and quit well before you go to bed.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

we're set!  it's me, mike, peter, todd, mark and rich.  gentlemen, please send rosie that check for $1875 as soon as you can.  remember, this is a $2250 trip, so let's please tip the staff based on that price.  rosie will also need you full name, date and place of birth, address, cell #, passport # and exp date, and driver's license # and exp date.  todd and rich, please forward your cell #'s to me when you get a chance.  this is gonna be epic!!!!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

Hardy Boy

Paid in full. Had a nice chat with Rosie and she is super helpful and very nice. Loaner rods/ reels or rods not a problem. She also recommended bringing a few large rapalas for trolling as they can be deadly so I will bring a few. Will the herring jigs with the gold hooks and mackerel skin wings work for jigging bait at Cedros?

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

MarkT

Yes, Rapalas work great!  I'm bringing a couple x-rap magnums.  Just about anything works when they want to play.  I'll bring some surface and yoyo irons. I use 8/0 EC circle hooks for the Mac's we make for bait.

Hardy Boy

MarkT: What bait making rigs would you recommend? I have the small hooked mackerel jigs that we use here for herring: http://www.gamakatsu.com/fishing-hooks.php?pid=1194

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

MarkT

Those look fine.  I'll probably bring 6 packs of them.  It's not like I couldn't equip all 6 of us with pretty much everything!

Keta

Quote from: Hardy Boy on February 07, 2018, 06:57:03 PM
MarkT: What bait making rigs would you recommend? I have the small hooked mackerel jigs that we use here for herring: http://www.gamakatsu.com/fishing-hooks.php?pid=1194

Cheers:

Todd

The macks will tear those apart.  I like 3 and 4 hook rigs with heavy line and sometimes they even break.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hardy Boy

Keta: can you provide a link please ? They worked for sardines in Cabo but we never got mackerel.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd