cedros sportfishing - date changed to september 3-7, 2018

Started by alantani, January 27, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

********** DATE CHANGED TO SEPTEMBER 3-7, 2018 ***********

i've know the people at cedros sportfishing for quite a while and have been wanting to go down to check it out.  it looks like a pretty nice operation.  they have three of their "12 person - 5 day" slots open in june.  it's a little early in the season, but we've fished cedros on the spirit of adventure that time of year and have done well.  this is going to be more expensive, but it definitely will be different.  if you are interested, take a look at http://www.cedrossportfishing.com/ and please read everything carefully.  not having done this before, i am a little hesitant to go down with a big group the first time out.  i may still just book a trip by myself just to see what it is like and then try to put a group together for next year, but i thought i would at least put a group trip for this year out there as an option.  

take a look and let me know.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

I've gone down twice with Cedros Outdoor Adventures and had a great time.  I think these guys operate the same.  Check to see what the weight and rod limits are on the plane.  The stuff they recommend for tackle is probably overkill.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Cedros Sportfishing

Hey Guys,

This is Rosie Flowers from Cedros Sportfishing.

First... I definitely want to encourage you to check out our website, just like Alan said.  We are an All-Inclusive Sportfishing Lodge, which basically means we take care of everything, excluding alcohol & gratuity.

Second... You might ask, why Cedros Sportfishing? There are other places on Cedros Island... Well, here are a few really great points as to why we are the BEST!

1.   We are the only lodge on the island that has a direct flight, included in the cost of your trip, departing from the CBX (CrossBorderXpress) in Otay Mesa, CA.  This direct flight can save you more than 15 hours of travel time. NO van rides to and from Ensenada. NO BORDER WAITS!  On an average, our anglers depart Cedros Island around 7:30am and are back on U.S. soil by 10:30am!

2.   Since we have our own chartered aircraft, exclusively for Cedros Sportfishing, there are no extra fees for rods or luggage weight.

3.   We provide you with a Mexican Fishing License.

4.   We provide you with a Mexican Visa.

5.   Our fish processing facility is the only one on the island to produce table ready fish (no skin, no redline, no bones) and your catch will be vacuum packed and frozen at no additional charge. Other companies charge $1 or more per vacuum packed bag! This can save you $50-$100, or more! In Long Range Sportfishing, fish processing is NOT included.  This actually makes our trips more cost effective!

6.  Our lodge is on a sprawling cliffside property, which epic ocean views and plenty of space for everyone to enjoy!   Our vehicles pull right into our property, there is no walking from distant parking lots.

7.   We have a daily laundry service, which helps you limit the weight you bring....so hopefully you can bring home more fish.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email or call me.

Rosie Flowers
General Manager
Cedros Sportfishing

619-772-7570
rosie@cedrossportfishing.com
www.cedrossportfishing.com

Keta

Hi, I often visit your website and I'm glad to see you here.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

#1, 2 and #5 are big benefits as compared to the other guys!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ldoret94

Well shoot, I was looking at doing a Cedros trip but booked a 5 day on the Excel instead.  Keep me in the loop because I'm willing to change my Excel trip to another date

alantani

ok, so far that is me, you and mike.  if we can get 12, we can take an entire week. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

I'm counting pennies. When will we need deposits?
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cedros Sportfishing

A $500 deposit is all we need!

Also, check out October and November.  Many open weeks for 12 there also...and remember, 6 is a great group too!

In October, there is the opportunity to catch Yellowfin, Doradao, Yellowtail, Black Sea Bass and more!

mikeysm

October would work for me. I'm off until January.

r8rs4lf

Quote from: Cedros Sportfishing on January 28, 2018, 03:09:31 PM
A $500 deposit is all we need!

Also, check out October and November.  Many open weeks for 12 there also...and remember, 6 is a great group too!

In October, there is the opportunity to catch Yellowfin, Doradao, Yellowtail, Black Sea Bass and more!

What is the targeted species in June?

I've never fished with anyone from this board, but I might be interested as long as you guys don't mind a newbie tagging along. I'd love to gain some knowledge from some of you here.

Is this a trip where we would bring our own gear, Cedros gear, either or?

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

scrinch

I'm interested. I've never fished from a panga on the Pacific side of Baja before.

Wally15

Quote from: scrinch on January 29, 2018, 05:29:49 AM
I'm interested. I've never fished from a panga on the Pacific side of Baja before.

Neither have I, that's why I've signed up to go. I'll throw this fishing trip into the "mini" bucket list category. This skybridge walk across the border to the Tijuana airport seems interesting as well. A big timesaver (and $ saver) if you're flying out of ATL or JAX. Maybe we can get between the islands and catch some of those huge "home guard" YT's like we did on the SoA in 2015. I think we caught 4 TONS of YT on that trip.
And if you've never been on one of Alan's fishing excursions, I highly recommend you try it out. Great people, great fishermen (with the notable exception of Ed the Alky), and great times.
Maybe a big ole sea lion can take us on a "nantucket sleigh ride". It's all good.
I've never been accused of having too much fun.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor