what to do with old Senators

Started by booo, February 03, 2018, 04:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

booo

I have some old Senators, 114H to be precise, and am trying to think of uses in the modern fishing environment.  New gears, drags, frames?  What uses can they serve in the modern Long Range world?

Thanks,

Tim

swill88

Welcome Boo!  Those old 114's are useless, believe me.
Happy to take them off your hands ;D ;D ;D
steve

Keta

Yup, I can recycle them for you.

They make a good deep water Pacific halibut reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Long Enuff

Keta

Soon there will be NN frames available.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

booo

booo

Was hoping to find some high speed gears to use maybe as a yoyo reel but apparently 3.25:1 is the best available.  Was hoping for something like the Newell 4.2:1 in the 631 reel.

Shark Hunter

Just a regular width aluminum frame and a stainless sleeve with a power handle will make this reel a little powerhouse.
I have them in all flavors.
Randy Pauly is trying to get Tiburon to make a Run of the NN.
Life is Good!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: booo on February 03, 2018, 06:34:56 PM
who will be making the NN frames?

I am meeting with Tiburon on Wednesday and hope to be able to get the 114HNN project going at that time or shortly thereafter.  Hopefully, I will be able to let everyone know what our plans are late next week.  If we can put it together, I would expect delivery late this spring.

Thanks,

Randy

David Hall

Finally a good upgrade for that crusty bent up 6/0 sitting in my garage.  I wondered what I would ever do with it.

Aiala

Please don't disdain those tough old Senators! For instance, I took this mistreated 113H...

...and after a good bit of elbow grease and some new parts ended up with this:

Satisfying as anything, and it catches fish like a champ.  ;)  ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Keta

Quote from: booo on February 03, 2018, 06:40:59 PM
Was hoping to find some high speed gears to use maybe as a yoyo reel but apparently 3.25:1 is the best available.  Was hoping for something like the Newell 4.2:1 in the 631 reel.

Inch per crank is more important than gear ratio.

NICE!!!!

Mark Twain

Rivverrat

Dont know much about the long range stuff. But these old Senators are great for fishing from the beach or shore where heavy drag & line capacity is a good thing to have... Jeff

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: booo on February 03, 2018, 04:25:34 PM
I have some old Senators, 114H to be precise, and am trying to think of uses in the modern fishing environment.  New gears, drags, frames?  What uses can they serve in the modern Long Range world?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, I already sold the Accuplates off of this reel, but would you possibly have any interest in this very near mint red Accurate standard width 114H Accuframe with Accurate rod clamp kit and matching red Penn aluminum Anniversary spool for $135, or $120 with your choice of a standard Penn aluminum spool or Newell aluminum spool?  The frame is a solid 9.9 on a 10 scale.  It has a few tiny marks, but it doesn't look like its ever been mounted on a rod.  The red spool is also very close to true mint.  You get first shot at it, but if you don't want it, does anyone else?

Thanks,

Randy

seacane

Randy
If you still have this frame and the aluminum spool for $120.00. I would like to buy it.
Regards
Roberto