Which has better side imaging, Garmin striker plus SV or Humminbird Helix SI?

Started by Three se7ens, February 06, 2018, 02:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has better side imaging?

Garmin Striker plus SV
0 (0%)
Humminbird Helix SI
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Three se7ens

Im planning to upgrade my fish finder to one with side imaging in the next couple of months.  I was really excited about the new Lowrance hook 2's, but the transducer wont fit.  So Im left with the Garmin and Humminbird units to get side imaging.  I mainly fish in water under 6', so traditional sonar is next to useless.  Im mainly interested in being able to pick up fish off to the side of me. 

broschro

I have a friend who sponsored by Humminbird and loves his Mega Side Imaging unit. He put some video up on my Facebook page it was totally awesome.

Reel 224

I have to agree that Hummingbird is a good unit. I used two when I was fishing fresh water.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Three se7ens

Well, I dont have much to say about the humminbird side imaging, but Ive had a Garmin echomap 74sv now for a few weeks, and Im quite impressed.  The side imaging is a game changer in the water I fish (very shallow). 

Reel 224

The Garmin is a good unit but I've had little experience with those, It was on my brothers boat years ago and a bottom shot and fish indicator.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."